Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,446   Online: 827

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lenses turning the same direction as Nikon F 35mm?

Hi!

I've been a long time user of the Nikon 35mm SLR system (FE2, FM3A, AI and AI-S) lenses. Recently I've started shooting medium format with a Pentacon Six system and although I like results I'm getting from it I have found it very annoying that focusing is in the opposite direction on the Zeiss Jena lenses compared to what I am used to.

Therefore my question is, which medium format system (SLR) can you recommend where the focus and aperture rings turn in the same direction as Nikon F lenses? (Infinity to the left, smallest aperture to the left)?

So far I have found Bronica and Pentax.

Regards,
    Erik Ehrling (Sweden)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Erik;

I do not believe that I can help you. As far as I am concerned, not only do the lenses for my Nikon F and F2 focus backwards, they also mount onto the body backwards.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin