Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,133   Online: 840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It just creeps up on you like that. Must be time for retirement. Now if you had come down to the "home" in Ohio for the gathering with Bill and Joe, we had daily exercises in loading film, removing lens caps, zipping your fly, all the important stuff. Next year will be better for you. Trust me I was in sales. See you next summer.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Been there done that. It's even worse when you remove the film from the camera and then can't find it later. I just know there are three rolls of 120 somewhere with some great latent images on them...
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    When my son was playing in little league baseball years ago, I would attend every game and I would make make a lot of noise. He was as inept as I was at his age. He was kept in right field. I would always take mt Leica M5 to each game. I was at a game amd had my 135mm Tele-Elmar on the camera when a ball was hit to him in right field. I had him in focus and tripped the shutter at the right moment as he caught the ball..

Too bad that the camera was empty. Too bad that he never again caught a ball.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True, but I've had many great double exposures that way!

To the OP: Dan, your camera will let you shoot without film in it? All the ones I have will not wind properly unless there is film (Hasselblad, Mamiya 645, Holga, ZeroImage pinhole). The roll film back for the 4x5 is the exception. It doesn't care...
    I have forgotten many things lately. I misplaced my light meter for the Photostock trip, for instance. And I'm 37. Go figure.

- T

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Gee, this never happened when we had to look in the red windows to advance the film!

Steve
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    True, but I've had many great double exposures that way!

To the OP: Dan, your camera will let you shoot without film in it? All the ones I have will not wind properly unless there is film (Hasselblad, Mamiya 645, Holga, ZeroImage pinhole). The roll film back for the 4x5 is the exception. It doesn't care...
    I have forgotten many things lately. I misplaced my light meter for the Photostock trip, for instance. And I'm 37. Go figure.

- T
    Thomas: I can assure you that I am talented enough to compel a Hasselblad 501CM with an A12 back to happily shoot an entire 12 frames with no film in the magazine. Perhaps I should be paying more attention to those little red signals on the magazine that indicate film status.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once at a workshop I remarked that that was the one mistake I'd never made in 25 years of shooting

Sure enough - 30 min later I was watching the film counter run past 40

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am perfect. (at everything I've never tried, anyhow)
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Reminds me of a true story:

More years ago than I care to remember I participated in a tramping (= backpacking for all you foreigners) trip through the spectacular Mt Aspiring Nat Park in New Zealand. A couple of blokes and a couple of (unattached) girls, with two blokes (me and another) showing an interest in the same girl...

Long story short, after lots of macho posturing around many things including cameras/artistic vision etc... we get to the end of the trip. Guess who discovered they had no film in their camera! Not Me.

Guess who got the girl (now the present Mrs B)

There may be more riding on this than you realise!

Carey Bird

http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's even worse when the LCD on the camera says 3 and you do a lot of shooting and check the LCD when you are done and see the same old 3, turn the camera around and realize it is an E (empty) not a 3
    Last edited by scott k; 09-26-2008 at 02:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin