Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,406   Online: 775

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

A Humbling Experience...

I went to one of my favorite haunts last evening to do some shooting. Then finished up the roll tonight in the studio. Then opened the magazine to remove the roll of film. And found out there was no film inside. I can honestly say that in 7 or 8 years using this equipment, I have never done that before. I have not done much shooting this summer since returning from Photostock, but jeez, I didn't think I was THAT rusty!!!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

You mean this is the first time the "missing film trick" bit you? Consider yourself very fortunate...

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gee, this never happened when we had to look in the red windows to advance the film!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't feel bad, my last roll of 120 I loaded backward. I loaded 4 or 5 backs at the same time, I'm sure they're all backward. I haven't had the heart to look.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    35mm
    Done it. Shot 4 or 5 empty holders on one of the best days at the Great Salt Lake I have ever had. All I could do was laugh. The best part was that although I didn't have the negatives, and will always wish I did, I still had a great experience. Really illustrated for me that a big part of what I do is for the love of the work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Done it. Shot 4 or 5 empty holders on one of the best days at the Great Salt Lake I have ever had. All I could do was laugh. The best part was that although I didn't have the negatives, and will always wish I did, I still had a great experience. Really illustrated for me that a big part of what I do is for the love of the work.
    I bet that every exposure was right on and the composition was perfect!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have in the past shot a whole roll with my seldom used Contax 11 with the lens cap on.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can say i shot with a lens cap on my Bronie 645, but my wife Anne has shot a role on her OM40 which never really wound on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have in the past shot a whole roll with my seldom used Contax 11 with the lens cap on.
    Like this? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle101899.ece

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    the best shot is always the one you didnt take. i think jason said it best. but we have all done it ..........oops i forgot to load the film. the best thing is you can laugh about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin