Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,656   Online: 1133

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    I shoot a rb67 Professional S. You think you are a better photographer than that? I doubt it.
    I have a Pro SD. It's much better than I am or are ever likely to be.

Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    A couple of things....

(4) I have an rz pro 2 and an rb pro sd and I see no meaningful difference in weight, build quality etc. The rb remains my preferred body just because of the 6x8 back and variety of other nifty doodads like a 4x5 back (with which I shoot QL sheets) and some 3.25" sheet holders I have. Plus I recently adapted the rz t&s adapter to fit on my rb as well. I do like the totally non-electronic option of the rb but also find the rz system handy now and then.
    I am new to this system -

What is a 4x5 back for a RB? Is this a Mamiya product or something else? Are you getting a full 4x5 negative with it - or something smaller?

Thanks -

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    They do? I thought they'd killed off the RB?
    Well its still on the product list at Mamiya UK website and BH and several others have it on the shelves

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmann View Post
    I am new to this system -

What is a 4x5 back for a RB? Is this a Mamiya product or something else? Are you getting a full 4x5 negative with it - or something smaller?

Thanks -
    No, you don't get a 4x5 image with it, you get something like a 72x72mm square. Now, you might say, geez what a waste of space... well yeah but I like squares very much, prefer using sheet film for some things, and sometimes like to process one sheet at a time etc. It's not for everybody but sometimes I like it. I do get more bang for the buck out of the 3.25" sheet backs though.

The 4x5 back is a 4x5 polaroid back, though, so you can only use 4x5 polaroid and Fuji QLs with it. I haven't tried RLs- might work, might not.

Both of the Mamiya systems are fabulously modular. There are full system charts for the rb and rz lines that will amaze and delight.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin