Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,210   Online: 782

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rolleinars are great fun, and quite useful, but a Rolleinar 2 is going to be too close for portraits. Much better for macro stuff. Look for a Rolleinar 1 for portraiture.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Merritt View Post
    Rolleinars are great fun, and quite useful, but a Rolleinar 2 is going to be too close for portraits. Much better for macro stuff. Look for a Rolleinar 1 for portraiture.
    I'm going to try it with the Rolleinar 2 anyway; it occurs to me that since I don't have the parallax correction widget, possibly with the 2 I can let the subject be further away and reduce the parallax error. We'll see: it won't harm anything to try it.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nick
    I like the Rolleinar #2 for portraits

In fact I think the 2 is actually my favourite, not got a 3 so I can't say if thats too close but the 2 is fine by me!
    Mark

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, it was your portraits which convinced me that a 2 wasn't too strong for portraits in the first place!! A question, though, if I could: how much of a problem is parallax? Not having the corrector, will very much correction (in the viewfinder) be necessary?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you need the correction lens, the closer you get the more important.
    I wasn't aware that they even sold the Rolleinar without them, mine was so cheap I'd just get a set (I paid £10)
    Alternatively you could shoot a test film with a tape measure, note the markings at the top and bottom of the frames. When you look at the negs you should see how far out you are, and if you have a grid screen you could approximate....
    I think that might work
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin