Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,617   Online: 1074

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

11 images from a Hassy A12 back

I've just started getting 11 images on a roll of 120. Is there something wrong with the camera, back or me as an operator.

the first and the 11th images is eaually spaced from the head and tail of the film respectively. First time it started doing it and I wonder what might be the issue.

Any ideas, suggestions or easy fixes?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I get the same problem.
    On loading the film into the back I ensure that the film marks are correctly aligned but when trying to take the 12th exposure the camera end of film position is arrived at.
    I have just lived with the fact that I will only get eleven shots.
    I have an A16 back and get 16 shots without problem.
    Regards,
    John

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you are loading the film correctly then there is a problem with the back.
    Are there large spaces between frames should be about 1/4 inch or so.
    I get 12 frames from all 3 of my backs so suggest you have the back serviced, do not know where you are but in UK cost about £50/60 from good independent repairer.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's bad enough that on most film, there's enough left over for a 13th frame, without being stuck with only getting 11. It sounds like the lock that engages when you get to frame 12 must be tripping early.
    I'm with Paul though, the easy fix is to send it to someone who has the tools and knowlege to fix it. FWIW, it's not something I've encountered in the 3 A12 backs I've owned.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would get them serviced. I have 3 backs; they all give me 12 images, but they were bought brand new less than 6 years ago.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi;
    I’v had the same problem. But found out that it was my way of loading the film cases the problem. I now insert the film the ordinary way and wind it forward until the arrow on the film meets the arrow on the mag. After I’ve inserted the mag inn the cassette, I turn the little crank on the mag a few rounds. From there I turn the big crank until I reach the frame nr. 1. (If I’ve done that a few times without the nr. 1 appears in the window, I turn the little crank a few rounds until I reach the nr. 1) Now I get 12 frames every time.

This is probably to understand, especially with my bad English, but try it and I believe you would make it.

- OM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always get 13 from my non-A 12 backs and 12 from the A12's after service

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should get 12 exposures.
    Depending on the back(12 or A12)loading is a little different. If it's a 12 it's possible you accidentally reset the counter twice. On a 12A I don't think you can do that.
    There is a nylon or resin stop in both magazines that wears over time but it usually shows up as uneven spacing.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I reset the 12 back when I get to frame 12 to pick up the extra frame.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin