Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,026   Online: 922

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bronica RF645 Viewfinder Problem

I'm not 100% sure whether this should go here or the Rangefinder forum but I'll have a go here. I have a slight problem with my Bronica RF645 that I am hoping someone here can help me with.

In short there seem to be some sort of minor mis-alignment in the focusing. I'll try and explain. Suppose I am focusing on a small circular dot on a wall. The normal way of focusing is of course to move the focus wheel on the lens until the two images of the dot that are visible in the centre of the viewfinder come into exact alignment.

My problem is that they they will align vertically but horizontally. When they are aligned vertically I can still see the double image of the dot, with one being marginally lower than the other. This is barely noticeable when focusing on things that are close but more obvious when focusing on things that are far away.

This does not seem to effect the focus in any way, in that when you have vertical alignment you seem to have perfect focus, so it's not really a problem per se, but my questions would be:

- is this a fault or am I imagining things?
    - will this have a significant effect the resale value of the camera (I am thinking of selling it)?
    - can I/should I get it looked at by a professional?

Hugh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Short answer - yes, yes, and yes. It is a job for a pro to adjust the rangefinder, but not a major repair. If you plan on selling - either get it fixed, or mention the need for an adjustment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine was that way when new.... I'm so accustomed to it from over time that I don't think about it anymore. My intention was to have it attended to if/when I found a 100mm lens and had the body tuned to it but never was flush when the opportunity presented. I recall reading that it's not an easy home adjustment.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you both. I suppose I'll get it seen to if I decide to sell but leave as is in the meantime, as it makes no difference really to its operation.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin