Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,584   Online: 908

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 6x7

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

6x6 6x7

Hello, i have 35, 120, i am thinking well i will be going to the above when all you good people out there can point me in the right way.
    I have read a lot of post on this, but with so many views it is getting more and more confused. I have looked at the Pentax looks the job, it will not be for pro work as i am not in that position.
    All thoughts and ideas will be great full. Cost, lets not go to mad. Say up to the 1000 (£) mark.

Regards Graham

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ugh, that´s difficult. I think you will get 100 different advice from
    100 different people. May you give us some more information?
    You mentioned the Pentay, so I think you are looking strictly for a SLR,
    am I right? What is your main subject? Landscape, architecture. portraiture?
    Do you intend to use flash a lot?
    I think 1000 GBP is already a nice budget.
    Greetz, Benjamin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    ugh, that´s difficult. I think you will get 100 different advice from
    100 different people. May you give us some more information?
    You mentioned the Pentay, so I think you are looking strictly for a SLR,
    am I right? What is your main subject? Landscape, architecture. portraiture?
    Do you intend to use flash a lot?
    I think 1000 GBP is already a nice budget.
    Greetz, Benjamin
    I like to get into anything and everytning, but landscapes and history, buildings, bridges, Steam engines, i have all ways tried to work in the the light around me. I do have a RF Slr, and a RF645 Broni, so some thing along these line's. Never done studio so flash may be a after thought.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you like the Bronica RF645 then a Mamiya 7 or 7ii RF. A basic kit with one or two lenses can be had for under £1000.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now the Mamiya has come out on the top of the list, never played with one, i think Mifsuds has them in stock and as we are going to visit out laws in a few weeks, shall pop in and have a look.

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please tell us more! Do you need a camera with a large system to back it up? How many lenses to you envision yourself using? How important is flash synch speed to you? Do you need a camera with interchangeable magazines? Do you need an SLR? Do you need fast lenses? Do you need to hand hold the camera? How large will you be printing? What films will you be using?

If you are looking for a simple good start in medium format without having to worry about all these considerations, I suggest an E-Bay or KEH Rolleicord and a high-quality CLA. You are talking no more than $100 for the camera, and perhaps $200 for a CLA (maybe less). 300 USD = approx. 170 GBP. You will be able to get used to medium format, and will have a sweetly constructed camera that will provide you with excellent results for as long as 60mm film is made. Spend your other budget on a nice darkroom setup, if you don't already have it. When you feel limited by the camera, take note of what you feel is limiting you, and start doing your research. My $0.02.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 09-29-2008 at 08:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    OK I am a little confused here. You *have* RF645 from what I gather: what is wrong with it? You wonder 66 / 67 and then raise pentax: good stuff but only 645 or 67.

Biggest issue in starting MF for me was to decide am I for the square or not? If you dont know then 2F/2F has very sound advice to try TLR and see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm -- you might want to wait for this new Voigtlander Bessa III/Fuji 670 that's got so many of us a-twitter! Folding camera, switchable between 6x6 and 6x7. Cost looks to be around $1200 US; coming out early next year.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello 2F/2F, i think i got one of these kicking around the house i will try to locate it. On point of trying out MF i do have a 645 Bronie RF. I was wondering how much difference there would be in a step up to 6x6 6x7. Good point on the Rollei.

Nick i have been keeping a keen eye on these Bessa III/ 670, as i have never tried a folder.

Graham

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There have been a few threads recently about the step up from 645 to 6x7. Maybe do a search. I think the consensus was that it makes a noticeable difference for some depending on size of enlargement and film used, but there wasn't a unanimous opinion.
    Mark Tomlinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin