Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,180   Online: 1007

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Alternatives to graflex rh12 roll film holder that fits mamiya rb67

Hi All
    Are there any alternatives to a graflex rh12 holder that fits the mamiya rb67. I would love to be able to shoot "native" 6x6 with it instead of having to crop down from 6x7. I saw an older graflex 22 with a lever wind, on ebay, but does that have the important extra rollers to help film flatness or not? I am aware that the standard graflex 22 with knop doesn't.
    Best Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mamiya 6x6 back? Not that common but they exist.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    But a mamiya 6x6 back makes a graflex rh12 seem like something you can pick from trees.
    I was hoping there were other options. The reason I'm asking in the first place is, that I've been looking for a rh12 back for a couple of week now, and havn't been able to find one.
    Best Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mads,

There is a difference in film plane I believe between the Mamiya backs and the rh backs. That is what I was told and looking at the 2.25x3.25 sheet film I shoot in Grafmatics on the rb67, I think it's so. They are just not as sharp as the roll film I put through the rb67 in Mamiya holders.

And no, I have never seen a Mamiya 6x6 holder, but if I ever do, I will snap it up in a heartbeat. In the meantime, 6x6 gets shot in my C220.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    In general the lever wind backs do have the extra rollers. Dont know about alternatives to the graflex (Id chase those who made 67 and 69 backs: linhof, horseman etc)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A quick Google suggests that a 6x6 back for the RB has never been made by Mamiya. RZ had 6x6, but not RB. Is there room to place a mask in front of the film and another on the ground glass?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin