Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,249   Online: 805

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I think I may purchase the 6x4.5negative carrier, but the the 6x7 glass carrier is tempting. Is it possible to get a 6x4.5 glass negative carrier? If not, is there a way to get the glass added?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    You can get a Anti-Newton ring glass from a 6x7 gepe 6x7 slide mount, sand down the edges, and then tape it to the inside top part of the carrier. You can also file out the 645 carrier to show more of the negative.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6x6 and 6x7 standard carriers have seemed to work perfectly fine for me. I tape down the negs and they are flat enough that way. Why the push for glass carriers or 6x4.5 carriers instead of using the 6x6 carrier that is likely to be included with an enlarger?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    In short, the 6x4.5 carrier will crop some of the picture? Also, if I file the 6x4.5 carrier, will it leave those line markes around the photo?

Jamusu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're using a four blade easel it should be no problem to get equal borders with a two blade easel it becomes more of a problem because the top & one edge aren't adjustable.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    John.

I am using a four blade. For some odd reason I just want the 6x4.5 negative carrier. To me it makes more since to have it because it is designed specifically for 6x4.5 negatives, but based on some of the responses it may be a waste of money.

With my flawed way of thinking, my Pentax 645 kit will not be complete until I have it.

Jamusu.
    Last edited by jamusu; 10-01-2008 at 04:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't think that it would be a waste of money - I mean, they were designed for that size negative. I used mine a bit when I finally got it, but by that time I had gotten used to the glass carrier and had developed (ouch!) the habit. I now use mostly 4x5 so it's a moot point for me, but get one if you want one. I too like to have the 'whole set' when it comes to tools - you never know when you will want/need them, so if you can find one for a price that you like, snap it up!

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    To stop the mental intensity I believe that I must purchase the pair of them.

Also, I have an inquiry about the orientation of the paper while printing. In order for my enlargement to work I placed my paper on the easel longitudinally instead of latitudinally. Is this normal, or did I do something incorrectally?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, about the easel, you can turn the whole easel 90 degrees, or just the paper.

What enlarger do you have? Some allow rotation of the negative carrier (Beseler) or allow inserting it from the side (LPL).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Jon,

The enlarger that I use is an Omega. I beleive it is a C700. I will check this evening when I go to the local art center where I print.

Jamusu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin