Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,039   Online: 873

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jamusu View Post
    I purchased a Pentax 645 a couple of months back and made my first enlargement last night from a test roll. I'd have to say that I am amazed at the clarity of the picture. It is totally different from my Pentax K-1000, but I can still tell that it is a picture taken from a Pentax camera, (or maybe it is my imagination).

Enough of the rambling. I have a few questions for those of you who shoot this format. They are as follows:

1.) What is a standard size for setting the easel so that I can have even
    borders? It found it difficult to adjust my easel to have equal, or near
    equal borders for the picture. Is it possible, or is this just a drawback of
    the 6x4.5 format.

2.) How many of you have an actual 6x4.5 negative carrier? If so does it
    make a difference in getting even borders for the enlargement?

3.) What is the best enlargement lens for medium format? I have option of
    using a 75mm or 80mm lenses.

Thank you,
    Jamusu.
    I have a Mamiya M645Pro, and use a 6x4.5 neg carrier. What size are you printing? I needed full frame, and using a 16x20 Saunders easel, there was no reasonable way to get FF (full frame) with a proper 5x7 border without losing some of the image.

I'm using an Omega D5XL with Dichroic head and Omegatrol. Best enlarger I've ever owned. And it does allow rotation of the carrier, no problem.

This was shooting with their 80mm N lens, and 210 C. So I switched to the standard 5x7 Speed EZL, and I had even borders and full frame image.

A proper neg carrier is ESSENTIAL when printing any format properly.

Rolleijoe
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    cropping or full frame is personal, but I like to print as I feel the image should be displayed rather than be constrained by the taking format. Its about vision rather than cameras surely...

Glass carriers where possible are a very different beast to glassless. Crisp grain from corner to corner and to centre. Glassless just dont hold it flat enough IMO. You might be able to improvise. If not, the correct size carrier will help with flatness.

Shooter
    35mm
    The sizes that I am printing are 8x10 and 11x14. I found the correct negative carrier. It is for the Omega C700. It should arrive anyday now. Is there any way that I can have glass added to it?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 6x4.5 negative carrier arrived this weekend! Hopefully I can use it tonight!!!!

Jamusu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin