Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,941   Online: 782

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, wow. Lots of good advice here I checked with edmund scientific, but their mirrors seem to be a bit too small for my needs. My mirror is aproximately 46x57x1.6mm (only had a tape measure at hand). A couple of other places i checked had larger mirrors, but they were also thicker. I'll shop around a bit and see if i can find something to cut down or maybe better, drop a few lines to this cupog guy.

EDIT: oh, and i almost forgot.. It would be nice to have it identified uncle goose. I don't have my digi here atm though, but from looking at cupog's ebay store it looks identical to the type IIa, with one exception. the one pictured there doesn't seem to have a self timer lever mine has. It is situated on the right hand side (when facing the lenses) of the lower lens.
    Last edited by Degenetron; 10-02-2008 at 09:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenetron View Post

EDIT: oh, and i almost forgot.. It would be nice to have it identified uncle goose. I don't have my digi here atm though, but from looking at cupog's ebay store it looks identical to the type IIa, with one exception. the one pictured there doesn't seem to have a self timer lever mine has. It is situated on the right hand side (when facing the lenses) of the lower lens.

The Shutter arrangement on the IIa varies because it was made for over 25 years. Some early examples have prontors while later examples have Metax shutters.

Too bad the mirror I have lying around is too big for a IIa. But be sure to post a picture of it when you have your digicam around.
    Last edited by Uncle Goose; 10-03-2008 at 07:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    35mm
    The shutter speed dial says Prontor SV, so i assume it's a prontor then I'll go pick up my digi later though, and post a pic. I got your email btw, Uncle Goose. However i didn't pay too much attention to the sender name, this-is-a-notification-do-not-reply@apug.org, and replied. This is what i meant to say:
    Thank you so much for the offer. Unfortunately, my mirror is 46x57mm
    (atleast close to that). After reading through the numerous replies to
    the post i see there are quite a few options though, so i should be
    able to sort it. But again, thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, got the pic. it's just of the shutter and lens housing as i decided it needed more cleaning and haven't assembled it yet, but the rest is identical to the IIa.

EDIT: Nothing like using a flash to make seemingly clean things look filthy

Shooter
    Large Format
    the other possibility for the mirror is DIY: the amateur telescope guys do it all the time. It looks like a fiddle, but if there is no other alternatives .....See eg http://www.atmsite.org/contrib/Coslo/silver/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin