Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,123   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fantastic piece of kit, I would keep and use it but I'm biased. KEH.com can give you a good hint at the going price. The 645N is a fairly quick camera and indeed it is capable of outstanding results. I think that the 645 (the original older one) is probably one of the few cameras i've ever owned that need no maintenance and are dead simple to use.

It can be near foolproof once you get a few key points down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupfish View Post
    A new 200mm recently sold for $250, a new 45-85mm for $400, so you might expect to get $150-200 for the 200 tops, and I'd think that $250-300 would be about as much as you might hope for with the 45-85mm.
    That $150-$250 figure is for the AF version of the 200mm f/4; a manual focus copy goes for considerably less.

The biggest downside to the 645n I've found is that unless you can track down one of the optional focus screens, it's not an easy camera to focus manually.

Yes, a medium format camera requires a different style of shooting than a 35mm-based dSLR, but seeing your first medium format slide is a literally jaw-dropping experience. I ran some Velveeta 100 through my 645n this weekend -- I should get the film back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The biggest downside to the 645n I've found is that unless you can track down one of the optional focus screens, it's not an easy camera to focus manually.
    I think that might be dependent on the person 'cause I love focusing it manually. In fact, I fried the autofocus with a bad flash and didn't realize it for 6 months. Maybe it's the lenses, but I think it's easier to focus than my 35mm Pentaxes.

ptt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still haven't has a chance to shoot a roll with this equipment. I'm married to digital. These will be on the market soon.....for what ever is fair.

Thanks again for the help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your loss, somebody else's gain. It's a wonderful camera that with a decent scanner will knock the socks off of most digital cameras quality wise. The lenses are superb. You'll get so little money for it. Why not keep it, run a few rolls through it at a different pace than your normal style of photography?
    When I moved up in format from relatively quick 35mm I found that when I slowed down my results were better. Maybe you don't want to be shooting quick all the time?
    A camera like that new is pretty spendy, and you get virtually nothing for them now. But that's subjective of course. If I had the cash I would buy it from you in a heart beat. But I'm cleaning house and getting rid of most cameras I don't use. So I can understand if you don't want to keep it. I guess I'm just pointing out that you may be making a mistake by selling it.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin