Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,853   Online: 752

Shooter
    127 Format

Fotoman 69 arrives!

Got it today. After unpacking I assembled the camera, lens w/cone and rollback. Everything comes in a nice metal case w/foam insert. The foam insert required modification as it was not made deep enough to hold the assembled camera. I bought two lens; 65 f4 SW Nikkor, and a Schneider 100 f5.6 Symmar-S multicoated. I have loaded a first roll of Velvia 100 and hope to go out this afternoon or in the morning. One thing different from the photos on the website is there are slots incorporated into the body for a strap and I threaded in an Optec strap. The handle version is still being finalized so was unavailable when I ordered mine. Does anyone know of a handle which would attach to the tripod mount? I may have to make a drawing and take it to a machine shop and have one fabricated. Kudos to the staff at Midwest Photo Exchange for all the assistance and advice.
    Last edited by JohnBrew; 10-07-2008 at 12:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the results from this and feedback on handling/ergonomics. Have fun...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if the Stroboframe separates, but if it does, the bottom half would work well, even better with the top if you have a shutter that can sync to flash.
    http://www.tiffen.com/Stroboframe%20web%20catalog.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Does anyone know of a handle which would attach to the tripod mount?
    You can use a pistol grip or any flash handle from cheap to expensive. I have a 6x9 Graphic and my grip is a cheap folding unit with a flash shoe on top.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thanks for the replies. I looked at the stroboframe. It will work if I saw off the top half. Basically I want an L bracket w/pistol grip that I can drill & tap for a remote shutter release. If someone knows of a particular brand and where to find it I would be most appreciative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For a handle, you can always look for a (rather cheap and easy to find) used Hasselblad L shaped handle. They are ergonomically well made and can, with some inspiration, be modified (partially dismantled) and no need for drilling for a remote shutter release.

Good luck,

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    For a handle, you can always look for a (rather cheap and easy to find) used Hasselblad L shaped handle. They are ergonomically well made and can, with some inspiration, be modified (partially dismantled) and no need for drilling for a remote shutter release.
    Thanks for the advice, Phillipe. I ordered one from KEH today. They only had the two-handled one in stock, but I should be able to modify it for my preferences.
    Last edited by jd callow; 10-08-2008 at 06:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: closed quote

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin