Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,584,986   Online: 1109

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

my new Rollei 3.5F tlr

10 Years ago I almost bought a 2.8 F. However, the transport was not working right (thinking back, the salesman might have loaded the film the wrong way) so I did not buy it. I always longed for one and today my dream came through.

Through the internet I bought a lovely 3.5F model 1 with the ever-ready case, the original strap, several filters, including a Rolleipol polariser, all in their leather pouches, 2 Rolleinar close-up sets (models 1 and 3), a mint Rolleikin set in it's pouch, a Rollei microscopic adapter, a lenshood in a leather box with room for 2 filters, the original metal lenscap, the Rollei quick coupling plate and a kind of large focussing hood made from leather with what looks like a pair of goggles inside. It came with the original manual (one in Dutch and one in German) and a Rollei pricelist in Dutch guilders from 1962. All in all a lovely set. The camera has minor signs of use. And seems to work well.

Several offers were made and my offer of 275 euros (about 373 US$) was the highest and accepted by the salesman who was also the first owner. Can't wait to put this piece of art to good use.
    Last edited by Frank Bunnik; 10-12-2008 at 05:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 3.5F and love it. Used it just 30 minutes ago...
    I would not use the strap that came with your 3.5F, it's very old leather will break. I used the little scissor clips off the original strap and put a modern strap on with stainless rivets.
    Does yours have the Planar or Xenotar?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just missed one, I was on my way to an important appointment, saw a mint 3.5F with planar in a camera shop window I hadn't time to stop, by the time I got back to the shop about an hour and a half later it had been sold, dam.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow that is a really good price for all that stuff. Unless the prices are falling lately. I haven't been able to keep track of what cameras are selling for on ebay for a couple months. But it sure seems like they sell for a lot more than you paid for yours. Congratulations. I have had a few straps and a couple of them quite old and they never broke on me though I don't go around wearing a Rolleiflex as a neckless much.

Be careful with that quick release plate...the Rolleifix. #1 it is a very easy way to scratch up the bottom of the face plate on your camera. #2 if you get in a hurry putting your camera on a tripod with one of those you can get it seated wrong and it will fall off the tripod when you bump it. Put the camera on it carefully and slowly and make sure the two little tips on the front seat into the spots for them on the camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for the advice. Mine has a planar lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations, Frank. You got an outstanding deal. Enjoy it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man, I am so jealous! All those goodies for that low price! What a bargain! Enjoy it all!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have both 75 Xenotar and Planar. But I do marginally prefer the Xenotar for its creamier and more vibrant colours and just as sharp as the Planar.

I have always been sceptical about the Bay. I hope things work out for you. A Rolleiflex 3.5 will give you a lifetime of pleasure. These lenses are in my view much better than the 2.8 ones especially when opened wide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was a heck of a buy! I'm sure you going to enjoy it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

great buy...

That indeed was a great buy. Congratulations!

I have been keeping an eye out for a 3.5F or 2.8F and the prices for EX or better condition exceed $1,000 for a 3.5F and $1500 for a 2.8F -- without all the kit that came with yours. Hope I run across a good one soon

Nice also to have the recommendation for the 3.5 over the 2.8 -- particularly when wide open.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin