Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,724   Online: 753

Shooter
    Large Format

Rollei Sonnar 250mm f5.6 HFT

Hi everyone. I'm not sure I'll get an answer on this as there seems to be little information about the Rollei Sonnar 250mm f5.6 HFT around, but has anyone used this lens for the Rollei 6000 system? The only thing I can find on the net is one user who wasn't too happy with it. I did see some black and white pictures taken with this lens and they looked quite decent. Any opinions? Thnx!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don´t think that you can do anything wrong buying it.
    This lens has been in production since the 60s for Rollei and Hasselblad cameras and they´ve never changed the optical design, as one can see when studying the information given on the Zeiss website. hundred thousands of photographers
    had bought it and were completely satisfied. I had one for a short time but
    sent it back because of fungus. Still looking for another one.
    Last edited by Slixtiesix; 10-30-2008 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammar

Shooter
    Large Format
    Cool.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had a chrome 250mm sonnar (single coated) from the mid sixties for my Hasselblad and used it with a compendium lens hood. The results were stunning. I made a photo while on trekking in the Nepal Everest area of a village with a big mountain behind it. The village was miles away. Shot it on Velvia 100F and scanned the slide at 4800 dpi. On this scan I can actually see the doors and windows in a lot of the houses. The village itself is just a few square milimetres on the slide. The photo is in my "for the love of mountains" set on www.flickr.com/photos/asialover . It is the second from the right in the sixt row from the top, the one below the roadworker.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gulp, that's a very nice example, Frank. I'm presuming that the Hasselblad and Rollei versions of this lens are essentially identical, right? Anyway, thank you for your opinions: I have just paid for the lens so I'll let you know how it turns out!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    This lens has been in production since the 60s for Rollei and Hasselblad cameras and they´ve never changed the optical design [...]
    Since the mid-fifties, in fact.
    A great lens even/also today. No worries.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    sorry Q.G., just thought of the Rollei and forgot the Hasselblad which had it much earlier.
    It´s quite astounding that it has been in production for 50 years now while beeing still up to date.
    I read in a brochure that these classic Zeiss lenses
    for Rollei/Hasselblad where the first ones designed with the use of a computer.
    I wonder how big this computer was and how long it took for the task
    Greetz, Benjamin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks guys, this lens is super (I'll have to try colour next).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin