Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,931   Online: 998

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex extras.

I just bought a Rolleiflex and the seller threw in a few extras.

One is a set of a larger and smaller lens add on called a "Heidosmat-Rolleinar 3"

Playing around with them.... are these some kind of Macro lenses?

Thanks
    Chris

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes, Rollienars are designed to permit close-up work. One fits on the viewing lens (the upper of the two) and contains a prism that, when you view through the viewfinder, presents a view that eliminates the parallax between the viewing and taking lens. The other fits on the main taking lens (the lower of the two) and magnifies the image onto the film through the main lens. I've used some on my Rolleis and they can do a nice job. And the prism in the viewing lens make accurate viewing much easier than with some other TLRs, e.g., a Mamiya where you must use a "Paramender" to physically raise the taking lens to occupy the same position as the viewing lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,

Thanks, now to find a close target to photograph :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Rolleinar 3 allows 1:1 macro, wich means you can fill the frame with an object of 6x6 cm (2,3 x 2,3 IMHO)

Gerd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerd Orfey View Post
    The Rolleinar 3 allows 1:1 macro, wich means you can fill the frame with an object of 6x6 cm (2,3 x 2,3 IMHO)

Gerd
    That's really interesting. Are these things hard to pick up or expensive (for a Bayonet III)?

I have a Bronica SQAI which, I really just use because I have a 110mm macro lens attached to it (as far as I remember it's the 1:4 version). If the results from the Rolleinar are good quality I could pick one of them up, and then offload the Bronica kit completely .....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    hughitb
    The #3 Rolleinar is the closest focusing of the three sets available (#1 and #2 also) It focuses close enough that the difference in perspective from the viewing lens to the taking lens is significant. So it takes quite a bit of interpretation to know what you are going to get in the picture. The #1 Rolleinar is pretty important and the perspective difference isn't much problem. If you end up using your new Rollei quite a lot you will probably want to get a #1 or #2 but for really close stuff you are better off with your 110 macro lens IMO. So you can see what you are doing. The bay111 Rolleinars are going somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 USD now on ebay.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To be exact, the Rolleinar III can be used for object distances between 24 and 32 cm. (according to "The Rolleiflex Book")

Sorry for beeing off-topic but I think everything of matter has been explained to Chris so far.
    Has anyone beside myself ever wondered about the amusing names of
    Rollei´s accessories? Reading brochures back from the 50s and 60s is sometimes really funny.
    They just put the prefix "Rollei" in front of everything they sold.
    Think of the Rolleigrip, Rolleifix or, my personal favourite, the Rolleimot and Rolleimarin.
    Rolleilux and Rolleisoft are also nice. Who needs a normal flash if he can use a "Rolleiflash" ;-)
    It somehow reminds me of the old Batman series which are also dated from
    the 60s and where everything had the prefix "Bat".

have a nice weekend, Benjamin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Now that I have learned that the German way of pronouncing is "Roll eye" flex, it makes all those words clunky and difficult for me. I would rather it was as I previously thought.. "Roll eh" flex.
    Roll eye nar, and Roll eye fix or Roll eye grip just seems too much trouble.

Being non german this might be stupid but isn't it the German language way to add words on to other words and make really long words.
    Dennis

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nah, it's perfectly ok to pronounce it "Roll-eh-flex" or "Roll-ee-flex".

I hate to pronounce "Voigtländer Bergheil". I prefer just to say "It's a Voigtländer" if someone asks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, it is a German language habit to stack all words together and make 1 long word. For instance:
    No
    Nodartzthubschrauberlandungsplatz which means: landing zone for the helicopter of the emergency doctor.
    Last edited by Frank Bunnik; 11-02-2008 at 04:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin