Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,815   Online: 1143

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 645E Questions

I have misplaced the instruction manual of my 645E and I can't remember a couple of things.

First, can it be fitted with a 220 insert?

Second, does the frame counter go over 15 in order to accomodate 220 film?

I tried looking for a PDF version of the instruction manual, but I couldn't find one. I know I still have the instruction manual somewhere but I can't remember where I placed it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes and Yes on both---you can use 220 with the correct insert and the counter goes to 30!!!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm View Post
    Yes and Yes on both---you can use 220 with the correct insert and the counter goes to 30!!!!
    Thank you! I wasn't quite sure it did since I have only used 120 film with it in the past. Thanks again!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    The mamiya 645E with rapid wind grip is a phenomenal camera. Inexpensive, incredible optics and with the 2x extention well worth it for macro use and it shoots horizontal not in portrait mode. Love it! I never had the 220 insert though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    The mamiya 645E with rapid wind grip is a phenomenal camera. Inexpensive, incredible optics and with the 2x extention well worth it for macro use and it shoots horizontal not in portrait mode. Love it! I never had the 220 insert though.
    It truely is a great camera and great value for its price (even when sold new). I have read about some people having issues with it in terms of the viewfinder and sticky shutter, but mine has worked well so far. I did have an issue with the rapid wind grip when new, but I sent it to Mamiya and it was repaired. I would like to get a regular grip (like the one for the RB series) for the 645E, but despite the fact that they can fit the camera well, the shutter trigger either doesn't line up or there is too much of a gap between the shutter button and the grip lever to fire the shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://butkus.org/chinon/ click on the Mamiya tab then scroll until you find the 645e.

I thought I had the official Mamiya PDF, but I don't see it in my files. I went through and harvested a bunch of documents one day when I was bored.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Love my 645E. I have the instruction booklet...if you need a copy, PM me.

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    http://butkus.org/chinon/ click on the Mamiya tab then scroll until you find the 645e.

I thought I had the official Mamiya PDF, but I don't see it in my files. I went through and harvested a bunch of documents one day when I was bored.
    Thanks for the link!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Love my 645E. I have the instruction booklet...if you need a copy, PM me.

S

PM sent!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Tag! You're it! Let me know if you want me to copy and snail mail or scan...

S
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin