Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica GS/SQ to ETR Adapter?

Hi! Would anyone know if there is any available (or if it's even possible at all) adapter to mount a Bronica GS-1 or SQ-series lens to an ETRS? Or, for that matter, a GS to SQ adapter?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    well, the contact points are probably the same as the ETR lenses but I don't know why you would want to do this. You would have a crop-factor. I don't think you would gain any quality whatsoever by doing this, the only difference in those lenses are the fact that they have to cover a larger area. Better stick with original ETR lenses.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, the only reason I would want to "play around" this possibility is because I already have the lenses for them. I wouldn't think of buying the SQ and GS lenses for the ETRS, especially since they're more expensive. I was also wondering if the effective focal length would change if the lenses are used for a format other than the one it was designed for (I guess it would). But, since I feel no adapters for these are available (and for an important reason unknown to me I guess), well, there goes that possibility! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No a 150mm SQ lens if you could mount it on an ETR would give the same sort of image an 150mm ETR lens. Think of it in LF terms. The lens doesn't know what is behind it. The crop comes from the smaller piece of film. The same piece of film used for both lenses.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin