Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,660   Online: 952

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help - Mamiya M645 Body Jam

Proud owner of an old M645 body. Served me well for many years. I forgot to check the battery and it now appears to be dead. Wound the camera and fired it. The shutter opened, but never closed. The winder is frozen and the shutter is locked open. I just replaced the battery and the tester works but the camera is still locked up. Shutter will not close.

any ideas? Had this happen to you?
    Is there a way to get the camera back into working condition without spending money at a repair shop? I know one can find bodies for $ 66.00 to $ 150 these days, but this baby has a histroy with me and deserves to create more masterpieces.

Any and all help appreciated.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://butkus.org/chinon/

Scroll to the Mamiya section, then click on the 645j and download the first part of the PDF. On page 19 it says what happens when you fire the shutter with no battery and maybe how to fix it. Basically it says to pusk the battery check button as far as it will go. Not entirely sure what this means but it might help.

Also mentioned on page 25.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks I'll give it a look and try to unjam this old dog.
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you push the battery check button the shutter closes again. I've done this a few times, batteries last for years then suddenly just die.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin