Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,520   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mamiya RZ 67

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That would be fraud. I don't think the postal service would like that. I hope you saved all the packaging so that they can inspect it.

Shooter
    35mm
    No I havn't, they are now asking me to send it back and if they can't fix it then they will refund the cost of the item. But i will then be out of pocket to the tune of £25 in postage. Ive looked for another camera my buget was £400 but I can't find one in the U.K. for that kind of money thats not on Ebay. The question now is do i send it back or do i keep it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clwyd View Post
    No I havn't, they are now asking me to send it back and if they can't fix it then they will refund the cost of the item. But i will then be out of pocket to the tune of £25 in postage. Ive looked for another camera my buget was £400 but I can't find one in the U.K. for that kind of money thats not on Ebay. The question now is do i send it back or do i keep it?
    Well then. A focusing screen, a "user replaceable" item, is broken. They want you to send it back. Not a good thing. Just how much did you pay on shipping?

The will not be able "repair" it. They will just refund you the money, less shipping and sell it again. They do not have, nor will they get any new focusin screens. If they would, thye would just send you one.

You may want to complain to eBay. Not sure how far it will go. They are offering you a "solution". I doubt that this is the first time it has happened.

I would suggest you email the seller, state that you want a credit for a new screen or they send you a new screen. They do one or the other or you will leave negative feedback.

Make you tell them that there is ABSOLUTELY now reason that you need to send the whole thing in for them to "repair"

Alternatively, demand that they pay for you to ship it back (it is there grossly mistated condition) and that any refund that they give you also include the shipping you paid.

If they refuse all of those, do a stop pay on your card, and tell them you will be happy to ship back when they send you a prepaid label.

Jason
    Last edited by schwefel; 11-09-2008 at 11:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It was more than just the broken screen. Since it was not as described, they should refund the shipping too, and cover the return shipping. You might want to try to get them to cover all the shipping and see what they say.

Shooter
    35mm
    They have been in touch again tonite, they are trying to get a screen through a supplier of there's. The camera has its knocks but it dose work, I will run another film through it tomorrow. I did some printing with the negs that i didn't develop properly and the quality differance to what i'm use to is amazing.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Before you buy on eBay again you might want to look at the steps you have just taken. Impulse is a powerful motivator, but there are some simple precautions you can take that will reduce the chances of a repeat performance. Look very carefully at feedback. You discovered things about this seller's history that might have stopped you from buying anything from him if you had looked before you bid. Don't buy from someone who has no history. Let some one else take that risk.

Ebay is so huge that no matter how rare the object offered, there will be another one along if you are patient. If you like the idea of owning something, ask before you buy. With nearly 30,000 of us, someone has owned that product before, maybe even bought from that seller before. There are so many people selling on eBay, especially in these hard times, that there is absolutely no reason to risk buying from someone who is the least bit questionable or buying a product that is less than described.

Buy wisely and rely less on good fortune to obtain what you want. We have all made mistakes there. Try not to make the same ones twice.

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    As a foot note to this, I may have done the seller an injustice. After contacting them again and a couple of weeks of discussion he has sent me a replacment screen, although the camera has a few marks and scuffs it seems to work well, I am now looking forward to taking some pictures.

Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin