Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,167   Online: 1081

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mamiya RZ 67

Shooter
    35mm

mamiya RZ 67

Hi, I've just brought a RZ67 professional off of ebay, spur of the moment!! It has a RB67 view finder on it, will this be OK? it has also got a mamiya 150mm F3.5 W sekor lens is this a good lens? Thanks Chris.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't have a RB view finder. Memory wants to say it would short out the contacts for the RZ metering prism.

Did it come with a back?

Good camera. Fine portrait lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I know that you can fit an RZ viewfinder to an RB if you file down a couple of locating pins so it seems reasonable to assume that an RB viewfinder will fit an RZ. As to functionality though, I have no idea.

http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi nick, yes it comes with a 120 pro back, i havant received it yet, but it definatly says RB view finder. I have copied two picturess hopfully they will appear so you can see. Regards Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f82f_1.jpg   fc59_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    The waist level pop-up viewfinder shouldn't be a problem. The bigger, heavier RB glass prism finder would be, however. My RZ came with a little plastic tab that fits over the electrical contacts for using a RB prism. If you got a RB prism finder in the future, I would think some electrician's tape could work in place of the plastic tab.

Shooter
    35mm
    I received the camera, and yes the RB view finder just slots right on. It was described as perfect but wasn't, the focussing screen is broken and there were a lot more signs of wear than i would of expected from a camera only having amarter use! I did put a roll of film through it today , the first time I've use 120 and it all seems to work well, only next time I develop a film i must remember to put more chemicals in as i have bubble marks along one edge. I gave £252 for this camera and lens, was it an OK buy ???
    Thanks Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    I do not know what RZ bodies are selling for these days. I would certainly try to get a new screen from the seller.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Assuming there are no other marks/issues, it is an OK buy but not a steal. I have gotten more skeptical of flea-bay as people have gotten less honest in their descriptions (especially in the past 2 years). I use the same body and it is a good camera (built like a tank) but not something to carry around too long; it is meant as a studio camera although I don't use it that way (Annie Lebonitiz swears by hers). You will want to take it to a reputable dealer for a full clean/lube/adjust to ensure good life expectancy of the camera, I saw the manual for doing it once and it is not something you want to do without specialized tools and a degree from M.I.T. I don't have that lens length but have been impressed with the quality of the Mamiya lenses; you can use RB lens on the RZ but all setting must be done on lens and the B/T setting sometimes is finicky for me on the RB lens.

If you are using a Paterson tank, you need a minimum of 500ml of solution to cover the reels but that is just covering; I always add 100ml to ensure a full coverage.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use an rb finder on my RZ...with no problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have asked the seller for a new screen, and am waiting for a reply, I have a funny feeling that they are sending out broken cameras and relying on the postal insurance to replace the broken item, when I looked back over their feed back it would appear there have been lots of problems with there stuff all of which have been sorted out afterwards!! The body and lens have signs of wear and a few marks a scuffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin