Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,213   Online: 930

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use the T setting it quite a bit, and it is my least favorite thing about the camera because tripping it off is a real PITA. Why Fuji could not have just installed a regular B or T setting on the camera is a mystery to me. There is no B setting on my GW6990III so to do time exposures I have to use the T setting and physically turn the shutter knob to close it. Brain dead engineering IMO in this regard, but otherwise I love the camera.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    How often do you use the T setting? The GW690 is a fantastic hand held camera. You get huge negs from a fantastic lens. I also own a Mamiya RB67 and a Rollie 2.8C, the Fuji is my first choice!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I use the T setting it quite a bit, and it is my least favorite thing about the camera because tripping it off is a real PITA. Why Fuji could not have just installed a regular B or T setting on the camera is a mystery to me. There is no B setting on my GW6990III so to do time exposures I have to use the T setting and physically turn the shutter knob to close it. Brain dead engineering IMO in this regard, but otherwise I love the camera.

Sandy King
    Sandy - you took the words right outta my mouth!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Congrats!!!! In my opinion you got the better of the 3 models for two reasons.
    - You have a B which works like every view camera lens. For II and III they changed that to a T which requires you to move the aperture ring.
    -- Then lens hood is removable unlike the II and III.

Very solid performing camera, would be nice if it had a meter but you can't have everything. OH well you can try.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sandy you could trade in your III for a I and get that B, course you probably already knew that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Duuhhh!!!

Living is learning!!

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    Sandy you could trade in your III for a I and get that B, course you probably already knew that.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Sorry Sandy!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been happily using my GW690III for about seven years now. This is a truly basic camera - a thousand dollar lens on a hundred dollar box. The Fujinon lens is absolutely outstanding. The GW690III has a 90mm lens, which is a bit wider than the 105mm found on most 6X9 cameras. That's actually something of an advantage for landscape photography, but may be a disadvantage for portraits. The only real "funny" with this camera is the T setting on the Copal shutter. It is a true "Time" setting, but the shutter remains open after release until you rotate the the shutter speed ring to one of the time settings - something of an inconvenience. Put the camera through its paces with a few rolls. That Fujinon lens is so good you may stop lusting for the Biogon.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    nworth, that is true of the III but not the I, it has a B.

I agree about the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    How often do you use the T setting?

That ridiculous T setting hopefully never( it's not present in this model so it seems), but I'm planing to use that B quite a lot, after all, the camera is surelly going out for some night photography.

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These Finnish women are something, eh?
    The real luck you have is your wife Andre, the camera is just a reminder.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin