Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,174   Online: 1236

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Got a Fujica GW690 as a present.

Yeah, a happy day for me indeed, just got one Fujica GW 690 in very nice condition as a father´s and birthday present from my wife.

Searched all over the net and haven't found that much info on the camera, any users wanting to share their views on the device?

I think this was the way my wife found to stop me from getting the SWC/m I was drooling at.

Well, at least will work for some period of time, but I still want that Biogon damn it. I wanted to sell my Rolleiflex to finance the new purchase, but she veto the intention, I don't know why, she loves the freaking camera but never used it, I don't get it!

Whatever, I¨m very happy indeed, the device should be arriving next week, can't wait for it.

Have a nice weekend.

André
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fujica GW 690.jpg  
    Last edited by André E.C.; 11-07-2008 at 06:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "I wanted to sell my Rolleiflex to finance the new purchase, but she veto the intention, I don't know why, she loves the freaking camera but never used it, I don't get it!"

It's because Rolleis are sexy.

You have to listen to her and keep it.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 11-07-2008 at 03:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, André! What a present!
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You lucky guy!
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the GW670II, which is very similar. You'll love the lens! Great gift
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you guys, I'm a lucky guy yes, I have a wonderful woman.

One thing camera related, Dante Stella states on his article about the evolution of Fuji rangefinders http://dantestella.com/technical/gw.html, that the GW690 have a new T setting.

I can see quite clearly on the image attached above, a B setting on the optic, can you guys explain me this?

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With a B (for bulb) setting, you hold down the cable release or shutter release for as long as you want the exposure to last. On the T (for time) setting, you typically push once to open the shutter and a second time to close it. B is "press and hold" while T is a toggle.

My GW690II has only the T setting.

The lens is very good.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Lee, yes i know for what is the B (Bulb), I have B in all my Zeiss Hasselblad optics, my doubt was/is where the heck is the T setting then?

On the frame advance lever?:rolleyes:

Sorry for my complete ignorance on the issue and silly questions.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    On the frame advance lever?:rolleyes:

Sorry for my complete ignorance on the issue and silly questions.

André
    Not a silly question at all, and no one knows the little oddities of every camera.

Yes, the shutter on the 690II closes on the T setting with the film advance lever or by changing the shutter speed away from T, not with a second press of the shutter button. Odd, I know, but that's how it works.

If you're worried about inducing movement, you could use the "hat trick", covering the lens with a lens cap, black card, etc to stop the exposure, then close the shutter with the advance lever or shutter dial. Astrophotographers sometimes use an opaque cup with flat black paint, black flocking, or black velvet inside. Photographers used to use a paddle covered with black velvet or other similar material for this.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 11-07-2008 at 07:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    And all I've ever got as presents from loved ones are socks and pyjamas......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin