Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,399   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nope nothing. No ME no mirror lock up. Nothing. Would a fresh set of batteries do it as I thought it might be something to do with the camera??

This isn't even with a back on this has just happened

I really am starting to give up with this all now as it's just a joke!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cherryrig,
    Which camera body do you have? I'm not familiar with a Bronica body that displays ME curtains in the view finder. The batteries only affect the shutter speed on all SQ bodies except for the SQAM. Therefore replacing the batteries may not make any difference.

With the back off not mounted, look at the back of the body, there is a gear for advancing the film. Flip the Multi exposure switch on and off. Does the gear move in and out? If so then the body is functioning properly. If it is working properly, with the back still off, wind the crank. Does the gear move?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    cherryrig,
    If you need to get into the back counter/gearing assembly: On the film back, remove the winder crank assy (mine has the folding crank/knob.). If I remember correctly, the attaching screw may have been left hand thread. With a hair dryer/heatgun, carefully warm the leatherette covering and peel it off. That will expose the screws that hold the gear cover on. Remove the cover and the gear trains will be accessible. Now you can operate the mechanism for the counter. If you dry fire it a number of times, the sequence should become recognizable. I did disassemble mine and was able to reassemble it. Be very careful as there are a number of small springs and keepers. Hope this can be of some help. Good luck,
    Gerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer78 View Post
    cherryrig,
    With the back off not mounted, look at the back of the body, there is a gear for advancing the film. Flip the Multi exposure switch on and off. Does the gear move in and out? If so then the body is functioning properly. If it is working properly, with the back still off, wind the crank. Does the gear move?
    Yea that works fine but it's still having those little tabs on the mirror to tell you that ME mode is set, but it's not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin