Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,728   Online: 730

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    I think all of us photographers have a phobia that once we have a "complete" system that meets our needs, we retreat into some kind of psychological state that negates this satisfaction and we start looking for "the next big thing" and get scared that we'll be stagnant with one system forever.

Sounds like relationship crisis.
    Not me. My Hasselblad is as much a necessary accoutrement as my watch or my wedding ring and feels just as much a part of me. For anything other than view camera work, it's the only camera I ever care to use. I'll only consider the "next big thing" when I can longer buy film for the 'Blad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    I think you need a thousand rolls of film and some time to yourself, not another system and I hope I don't offend you by saying this.
    None taken. If this wasn't my thread I might say the same thing. I think it's just a bug I got seeing a lot of good photos from people using rolleiflexes and most recently the SL66, so it got me thinking.

At the end of day, it really just comes down to being able to use your equipment well and finding what works for you. I think right now I'm just doing a lot of experimenting and I'm not really sure where I'm at, hense my ambivalence.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Contact with german photo magazines , they test , compare everything to everything. Photo tecnic or photo technic magazine , they sell old issues and I am sure they did what you are after.
    I read M6 , Hassy Planar 80 and Mamiya test. Zeiss was sharpest but mamiya was best for the colors !
    This is very interesting. They test tens of different films in one time.
    Fuji is excellent and their 6x17 camera is great.
    I dont know photograph is your hobby or business but I have to say Schneider is totally different design.
    May be you buy a cooke xv with a view camera and forget everything .
    If you want to change something without risking your business , I advise you to start alternative photography.
    Trust german magazines.
    If you have very less money , buy a rolleicord with schneider and compare with your zeiss.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think it is an interesting hobby to test out different cameras. It might be compared to trying different mediums of art. Doing some ceramics and some oil painting and some music and some collage and some photography. So? try different cameras then sell them on ebay.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I am one of those that has all tree..

used them all.

Rolleiflex SL66 (and the Rolleiflex SL E)is by far my favourite MF camera. it is a little heavier than Hasselblad, but you then don't have to carry all kinds of extra gear (extension rings and so on)...

Rolleiflex TLR is a fine camera, and as said so many times before, good for traveling.

Hasselblad makes my girlfriend look sexy..... (which is a fine thing..)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Rollei T, Rollei 6008AF with mostly Schneider glass and once owned a Hasselblad 501 with just the 80. I found the Hasselblad to be quite unhandy in my hands. The balance was off and the darkslide goes in the "wrong" side.

The 6008AF is a wonderful camera with great hand-hold-ability, for me. No dark slide to contend with and metering with all finders; very accurate metering. With electric contacts between lenses and the bellows and extension tubes, metering is retained in each instance. The Rollei is much superior for macro/micro photography.

As much as I like Schneider glass, at this level, Zeiss is equal for all practical purposes. My "T" has a Zeiss 3.5/75mm Tessar. While not up to the Planar standards, the Tessar is a very nice lens that produces images that hold their own in prints to 16"x16".

So, if you like your Hasselblad, be happy.

Cheers,

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    I can not make a comparison, but will simply say that I have used the Rollei SL66 system since 1972. It has been a fabulous machine and the lenses are very sharp. Although the majority of my work has been with View cameras, the Rollei system has made some shots possible that I could never have accomplished with the larger cameras.

If it is of concern, there are still excellent technicians and parts available for the Rollei 66 system. I had both of mine tuned up about three years ago,as a precautionary measure, not due to any problems.

www.mergross.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I would agree with Merg. I have 2 SL66 bodies and the 40 Distagon, 80 and 150. Years ago I had a complete Hassy system. Both of the companies Zeiss lenses are sharper than razors but to me there is a subtle, softer contrast to the Rollei lenses. Maybe minimal but still smoother and I love the SL system especially with the tilting lens for DOF. The 40 Distagon will be put in my cold, stiff hands when I'm gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin