Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,576   Online: 1215

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave, mine is an SQ-Ai. I was not aware the SQ-A did not have the indicator tab. My mistake.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well my SQ-A seems to work fine it just feels like something is different about it thats all. I never saw the ME mirror thing before, but now it's there?!?!

Hmmm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    cherryrig. Here are links to the sq-a and sq-ai manuals. Only the sq-ai has the indicator in the view screen for multi-exposure.

SQ-A Manual
    SQ-AI Manual

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer78 View Post
    Only the sq-ai has the indicator in the view screen for multi-exposure.

Phewww! Thanks - now I feel better. I've done some good stuff with my SQ-A, but having had a serious fault in a body last year, my confidence isn't real high as to what I know and don't know about the little monsters. Looks like this indicator is another one of the sneaky differences between the -A and the -Ai that I was blissfully ignorant of.

DaveT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone has a tip on how to remove the lever if replacing it?

Mine is cracked and won't rotate the spindle. The gap in the crack is just getting bigger as i push the lever forward to multiple exposure mode. So I'm figuring that the spindle has an oval shape at the connection to the lever?

I'm quite inexperienced so it would be really nice to know if there's a chance to replace the lever by yourself if able to find a spare one.

(EDIT: SQ-Ai model, if that makes any difference)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2044 (Medium).JPG  
    Last edited by samurai_cinema; 01-26-2013 at 02:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_cinema View Post
    Anyone has a tip on how to remove the lever if replacing it?

Mine is cracked and won't rotate the spindle. The gap in the crack is just getting bigger as i push the lever forward to multiple exposure mode. So I'm figuring that the spindle has an oval shape at the connection to the lever?

I'm quite inexperienced so it would be really nice to know if there's a chance to replace the lever by yourself if able to find a spare one.

(EDIT: SQ-Ai model, if that makes any difference)
    Well, this is a snippet from a service manual which probably predates your -Ai, but I suspect it might be the same mechanics. The center blob on the spindle is a glued on bit of vinyl(?) that covers a screw head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Bronica_MirrorUpLever.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	63180

The trick is finding a replacement lever. It looks as though there are flats on the end of the shaft it attaches to which would prevent rotation. I suppose a really creative and patient (and desperate) owner could operate on a piece of aluminum with file and hacksaw to make a replacement, but it would not be fun!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Dave! That was very helpful. I found the screw head grooves after scraping off some glue.

I see, I should have guessed, flats is the more obvious design of the shaft end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin