Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,511   Online: 893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Whats going on with my Bronica Gear!!!! :(

I've got a Bronica SQ-A and something has gone wrong within the camera, and I can't seem to correct it just using the two levers on the side.

The issue is that for some reason, all of the time now I have the multiple exposure tabs on the side of my mirror, however the multiple exposure lever is not set to multiple exposure, yet the tabs on the side are there. Also the other switch is set to N and I'm still having the same thing appear.

I also don't understand how when I put a back on the camera it still works fine, just with the little tabs appearing, and the multiple exposure works as well.

I'm wondering if you know what the problem could and is there anyway to fix this issue

Cheers guys and I don't know why all these issues have just happened

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryrig View Post
    all of the time now I have the multiple exposure tabs on the side of my mirror, however the multiple exposure lever is not set to multiple exposure, yet the tabs on the side are there. Also the other switch is set to N and I'm still having the same thing appear.

I also don't understand how when I put a back on the camera it still works fine, just with the little tabs appearing, and the multiple exposure works as well.
    I own an SQ-A, but I'm drawing a complete blank on the "little tabs" you refer to. Admittedly I've only used multi-exposure to give a quick check of a new lens or back without film.

Where are these tabs?

DaveT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    those tabs show up in the viewfinder to let the user know he has the multiexposure one. It's the same on the ETRSi I have.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check the multiple exposure lever is actually turning the spindle it is attached to. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. On examination I noticed a hairline crack in the plastic of the lever which was enough to loosen it and stop it turning the spindle. A little super glue used extremely carefully and it was fixed. Of course that lever can now not be removed from the camera, but at least I got the functionality back. (If this is what is happening with your camera, make sure spindle and lever are properly aligned before going mad with the glue!)

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Check the multiple exposure lever is actually turning the spindle it is attached to. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. On examination I noticed a hairline crack in the plastic of the lever which was enough to loosen it and stop it turning the spindle. A little super glue used extremely carefully and it was fixed. Of course that lever can now not be removed from the camera, but at least I got the functionality back. (If this is what is happening with your camera, make sure spindle and lever are properly aligned before going mad with the glue!)
    I'm sure where I'm meant to be looking. Is it on the lever it's self or inside the camera, as on the lever I can't really see anything wrong

How do you remove the lever? Just pull it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Where's this spindle you talk about as I'm looking in the camera body and I can't see anything Been looking next to the mirror to see if there is swicth or something, but no.

I really want to get this sort as I'll then have to either try and get it repaired or just buy a new body, however I don't really want to do that

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These are what the little tab things look like

Look at the mirror and see those black tabs next to it, those

Hope someone can help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The spindle is what the switch is mounted on. If the switch is slightly loose it won't turn the spindle and the camera will stay in the multi-exposure setting.

In the two attachments below you can see the multi-exposure switch on my camera. In the first it has the rubberised centre cap in place, in the second the centre cap is removed revealing the end of the spindle. If you turn the switch and the spindle does not move then you have a loose switch.
    The centre cap is kept in place with a small dab of what looks like PVA glue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails meswitch1.JPG   meswitch2.JPG  
    Last edited by Andy K; 11-09-2008 at 06:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryrig View Post
    These are what the little tab things look like

Look at the mirror and see those black tabs next to it, those

Hope someone can help
    Before you go tearing your camera apart... Those tabs simply hold the mirror glass to the assembly which moves it, they have nothing to do with the multi-exposure function. The tab which tells you the camera is in multi-exposure mode is only visible through the viewfinder. You will see it in the top left of the frame, it looks like a little trapezoid with a circular hole in it (see attachment below).
    You can also see it appear and disappear in the top right of the ground glass if you look at without a viewfinder fitted and you work the multi-exposure switch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails broniemultiexptab.JPG  
    Last edited by Andy K; 11-09-2008 at 08:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, is your Bronica an SQ-A -- not Ai -- I don't see that tab indicator on either of my "believed working" SQ-A bodies. (Maybe I have a problem I didn't know about. I've never actually used ME in taking photos with it.) My manual doesn't mention any indicator -- of course, the manual is not exactly a major encyclopedia!

Anyway, reckon that's why I was mystified by he earlier discussion.

Ver-r-r-rrry interesting,

DaveT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin