Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,565   Posts: 1,646,513   Online: 793

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A lot of gear got dumped when Bronica bailed. The flood of gear almost all at once drove prices down. A lot of things were selling for not much more then 10% of the new price.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the reply guys.

I've searched, and apparently the Bronica ETRS/i manual can still be found on Tamron's website. The prices of Bronica and Mamiya stuff seem to be on the down, Hasselblads still retain their value; which is much akin to Leica equipment.

Whatever the case is....i'm very excited about this purchase. Cant't wait for it to come in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's worth remembering that often on Ebay when sellers sell multiple items as a package they lose out, fewer people want all the items. There is still a glut of S/H film camera equipment coming onto the market, and it's a buyers arther than sellers market.

Over the past 8 or 9 years my best bargains have been when buying multiple itemsm even is you don't want everything

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup when I bought a Vitax I had to take a century camera with it -)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Probably because Bronica no longer manufacture, whereas Hasselblad are still in production.
    well, I don’t know…take Plaubel Makina, it is not made for more than two decades and prices are going the other way around…Hasselblad 500 or V series they call it now seems to have reached a dead end as well- I think that they do not make 501cm any longer, 503cw is still there though…it is a bit of a mystery and I started thinking along the lines of quality but as far as I have researched Bronicas have rather fine reputation…

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's supply and demand, newer equipment wass made in far larger volumes. So a best selling camera pre WWII was probably around 100,00 units, by the 60's still under a million, but by the 80's & very early 90's.

Plaubel Makina's weren't made in huge volumes and weren't that common anyway, by comparison Mamiya and Bronica cameras were the best selling 645's and 6x6/6x7 cameras.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    whatever it is, make no mistake buyer is on the winning side here...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Perceived reputation perhaps?

*shrugs*

Images
    I'm just guessing, but I bet the E-28 is an extension tube, not a teleconverter. With the SQa that I own, there are a S-18 and a S-36 extension tube. Extension tubes allow you to focus closer than the lens alone, but do not increase the focal length like a teleconverter would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E-28 does sound like the tube. There are three tubes.

But there are also teleconvertors. I've never seen it but I know they are out there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin