Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,946   Online: 786

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like I keep saying Bronica prices are UP over the last year. I bought bodies and WLF from KEH for $49. I want to say I even got one for a touch less. The same thing is selling for over $100 now. So even the common stuff is up. But the rare stuff was going up even last year.

The metering prism is good for more then slides. Couple it with the TTL flash module. Let the prism meter for you. The flash will get the foreground right. The prism will get the rest right. But for general use the thing is a pretty heavy blob to lug around. It's alot easier to bring a handheld meter of some type.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    merelyok,

I forgot to mention that Bronica was my first love when I started in photography. Alas as a teenager, it was unrequited due to lack of money. Now with the digital revolution, I can buy the camera and lenses that I lust for!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like there's a fortune to be made in daytrading Bronicas, if you know how to time the market.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Bronica SQ-A with a metered view finder and a 50mm and 180mm lens and wouldn't trade them for anything. Light weight, solid as a rock, and just as dependable. I've thown it in my sidecar and ridden around the Blue Ridge to shoot, as well as dragging it through the marshes to shoot Cypress trees in Eastern Virginia. Never lets me down. I also own some TLR's and a Mamiya RB-67 as well as a 4X5 Sinar. My Bronnie is my favorite and I take it everywhere. Good luck and I hope you get as much pleasure out of yours as I get from mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Sounds like there's a fortune to be made in daytrading Bronicas, if you know how to time the market.
    At one point you could buy Pentax 645 bodies with a 220 insert for less then just the body alone.

Most of the dumping of things seems over to me. I'm sure the really common stuff [75mm lenses for example] will stay cheap. But the less common stuff is going to be hard to find and therefore expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $265 you must have "made them an offer they couldn't refuse"!
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm thinking that the bottom has to be getting close on Bronica, if not already. I just ebay'd a ETR-C with 75mm and 150mm lenses and a winder for $120, which should be adequate for my needs * .

Now if you'd have bought that setup in 2001, you would have paid- (from on old magazine I picked up at a second hand store)

ETRS body- $349
    40mm MC lens- $749
    150mm MC - $549
    eye level prism- $249
    120 back- $149

I guess patience does pay off in the end.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin