Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,997   Online: 830

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a digisix too, great little meter but keep extra batteries on hand as the stock battery is probably only good for a few months. You should get about a year out of each replacement battery. Batteries are a 2025 or 2032 (can't remember which) coin cell that you can pick up many places. I modified mine for pinhole exposures by moving the scale and adding to it, there is a picture somewhere in here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would just look round eBay--- I have gotten 3 light meters off eBay all good Sekonic 558 Spot, Gossen Luna ProF w/5&10 degree spot attachment and Gossen Scout II. I would recommend all of them 100%. The Scout is a fun little meter I paid $9 with shipping and it is with in 1/3 stop of all my other meters, it's tiny and uses no battery--I keep it with my C330 kit now and it has worked wonderfully.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm View Post
    Gossen Luna ProF w/5&10 degree spot attachment
    Just as info: 7.5 and 15 degree attachment

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gossens were very popular with pros and amateurs in the 60's and 70's, Minoltas were very popular with pros and amateurs in the 80's and 90's, Sekonics are very popular with pros and amateurs now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd suggest the 358 over the 308. The 308 IIRC can't do aperture prefered. For me that was a deal maker. Plus at the time the 358 wasn't much more money then the 308.

OTOH what features do you need? I've got old Westons that work just fine. Even if one of them predates ASA film speeds. But that doesn't mean all the older ones will work. You can always carry a 35mm with it's builtin meter with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Gossens were very popular with pros and amateurs in the 60's and 70's, Minoltas were very popular with pros and amateurs in the 80's and 90's, Sekonics are very popular with pros and amateurs now.
    Why do you suppose there is such a shift in popularity? Is it fad, or fact driving it?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, one fact driving it is that Minolta meters are no longer made. Kenko makes the designs under license, but they're labeled Kenko, and they cost even more than they did when Minolta made them with their own name. Gossen meters, at least the modern ones, just aren't quite as sexy looking as the Sekonics, although they perform similar functions. Plus the fact that (to the best of my awareness) the Gossen meters don't support PocketWizard wireless triggers, not built-in, anyway.

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Why do you suppose there is such a shift in popularity? Is it fad, or fact driving it?
    I think cost has allot to do with it. To my knowledge gossen doesn't make pocket meters anymore. The minolta made some spetacular meters that are very reasonably priced, now seikonic makes some fantasticly small pocket meters that are spot on acurate thanks to modern silicon cells.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybun View Post
    To my knowledge gossen doesn't make pocket meters anymore.
    Gossen Digisix (now replaced with the horribly over priced Digiflash) is about as small as a meter can be and still be usable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybun View Post
    To my knowledge gossen doesn't make pocket meters anymore.
    Not sure how you're qualifying "pocket meters", but surely the Digisix and Digiflash would qualify. Their other offerings aren't that different in size from the Lunasix/LunaPro SBC/F series.

Lee

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin