Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,791   Online: 756

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    it could be because of MAC on campus. They offer reduced rates for Mamiya, Sekonic ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Sekonic L-208. It's about the size of the Digisix but works in a more analog way and the batteries last. It has both incident and reflective and is small enough to have with you in a pocket.

Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm partial to my Minolta Autometer IVf. Before this I too used a 35mm slr, and a selenium Sekonic meter that was off by 4 stops.

I wanted the Sekonic to work well but it was off by 2-4 stops and it wasn't linear.. I bought the Minolta at least 7 years ago, haven't needed or wanted another meter since. 1 AA battery lasts 6 months to a year. It's easy to read and use.

A lot of people are partial to the analogs and they work well, for many they are faster but I like the digital display and find it easier.

Just my 2 cents.. I paid $100 for it from KEH, I consider it my best purchase aside from a good enlarger and a means to align the enlarger.

ps- I've also used a Gossen lunasix pro digital (nice!), I liked it a lot. And i've used a fancy Sekonic that also had a spot meter and did a lot of stuff. That I did not like as it was not easy to use at all. The less buttons the better!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/classifieds/show...p?product=7572

I've been trying to sell this forever, make me an offer is interested or it will get donated to the closet monster

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I second Bill's opinion. I have it with me all the times while photographing. It has a separate leg letting you attach it to the camera's shoe. I use my old Russian 35mm rangefinders and Yashica Mat that way. The light meter of Yashica still works but I prefer to use the modern, more reliable Sekonic meter... It's more than 3 years old and the batteries still check 100%.

Regards,
    Loris.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattrall View Post
    I like the Sekonic L-208. It's about the size of the Digisix but works in a more analog way and the batteries last. It has both incident and reflective and is small enough to have with you in a pocket.

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree with the Sekonic 358 recommendation. Great meter and can use a spot attachment (a little cumbersome). I've used it for my Rolleicord IV with great results.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gossen was in the analog ambient light meter business long before Minolta came along. When Minolta was around, their flash meters and spot meters made it a stand out, while Sekonic had some very oddball characteristics....like if the reading was f/5.6 +0.66EV, it showed on the meter as f/5.6 and a little dial face with several segments shows (a la analog dial) half digital half analog; Minolta would display f/5.6 and a little fractional number displayed (all digital). Sekonic finally gave up their quirky display style and adopted the Minolta style of display. They added PW compatability; Minolta went out of the photography business. So what you had was evolution (and quirky behavior) accounting for popularity of Minolta, along with Sekonic eventually being in the right place at the right time, with a not-so-quirky product.
    Last edited by wiltw; 11-12-2008 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well thanks everyone for the responses.
    I have material enough now.
    Cheers

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Just as info: 7.5 and 15 degree attachment

Lee
    Lee---You are correct O wise one

Polybun
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Not sure how you're qualifying "pocket meters", but surely the Digisix and Digiflash would qualify. Their other offerings aren't that different in size from the Lunasix/LunaPro SBC/F series.

Lee
    yeaaaa but with their shape, they don't fit in your pocket as well as the old pilots did. And its digital. I'm not the biggest fan of digital read outs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin