Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,561   Online: 1097

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm Pan

fake hasselblad acute matte D screen?

Hi!
    I'm a happy owner of hasselblad 503cx (year of production 1989). Bought it on ebay in mint condition. Looks that the attached screen is acute matte D type, because it has two little D shaped notches in the metal frame. It has microprism and split-image, so as far as I know it's number is 42215. I have second hand camera, my friend is the first owner of 501 model equipped in plain screen 42204. I find his screen much, much brighter than mine. My screen is hard to focus...
    I do not think D type screens were available back in 1989, so looks that previous owner changed original non D type to D acute matte. Anyway, I suspect that the screen is a fake D type. Perhaps someone put old type screen glass to metal frame that comes from D type. Is it possible?
    thanks for help.
    chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am sure it is possible but seems like a lot of work for such a thing.

Is this your first Hasselblad ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A lot of work, but very profitable.

The market is awash with screens made in China.
    They cost next to nothing in China. But will - if the deception is a success - fetch US$ 100, or thereabouts.

So it is possible, yes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had no idea about the knock offs.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    David, this is my first hasselblad. I really, really enjoy the camera. The only thing that annoys me is the poor focusing screen - dim and hard to focus...
    Well, I'm afraid you are right, it can be china fake screen. Buying new screen on ebay is a risk... The best solution would be buying the new screen from Bill Maxwell, but it cost at least 300USD + duty + tax in my country. This is very expensive option. I will have to think it over. thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you sure the lens is opened up all the way and you are not trying to focus through a stopped down lens?

As for ebay, buy from a reputable seller.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Are you sure the lens is opened up all the way and you are not trying to focus through a stopped down lens?
    No, I focus in the correct way, not through stopped down lens.

I have maunted in my hasselblad my friend's screen. Difference between mine and his screen was striking. My friends screen is much, much better. That's why I know that there is something wrong with my screen. Thanks again for help

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am sure that there are many used acumate screens available in many camera stores in north america that members would buy and mail you for much less than 300$.
    Regards
    Bill
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at the brightscreen brand.

I've got a brightscreen in my cm and the D in a 500 elx, no difference.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    A lot of work, but very profitable.

The market is awash with screens made in China.
    They cost next to nothing in China. But will - if the deception is a success - fetch US$ 100, or thereabouts.

So it is possible, yes.
    Do you know if these Chinese knock-off screen makers have made any phony Beattie Intenscreens?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin