Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,963   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By the time you cut the film, then spool it up into 120 rolls,which is very time consuming and somewhat challenging even with jigs, you could buy the 120 film and be out shooting. If you found a 70mm back to work with, that's a different story. I've done some cutting and spooling of larger roll sizes, and would avoid it when possible- that is when premade sizes aren't available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post
    ...There's one 70mm back out there, be it hasselblad or mamiya or even graflex that doesn't care if it's perfed or not.. but I can't remember which.
    the graflex one might fit on your mamiya ...
    It is the graflex. They use gummy rollers rather than sprockets to drive the film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But it is good info for the 127 size films, though even these are slightly easier to get than a few years ago, isn't Efke making films in 127 again?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    But it is good info for the 127 size films, though even these are slightly easier to get than a few years ago, isn't Efke making films in 127 again?
    Since 127 film is 46mm wide, you can simply spool 46mm bulk film onto 127 paper backings and spools. I have a 100 foot roll of 46mm AGFA-Portrait 160 just sitting in my freezer, but no 127 spools or paper backing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For anyone who owns a metal lathe, it wouldn't take much to make the spools. I was thinking more along the lines of buying 120 film and cutting it down to 127... Maybe one of these days

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley-Ann View Post
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I was looking at the Tri-x film, but I think that I'll pass on the 70mm, and just stick to your standard 120 rolls.
    Hi Shelley-Ann. I'm UK based and there have been some 70mm Mamiya backs
    on the UK ebay site recently. I've just bought a 70mm dev tank and I'm keen
    to buy some some 70mm film to go in my a70 hasselblad back.
    Can you point me in the direction of the film supply you were offered?
    All the best from Sunny Bangor,County Down,N.I.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tourmie:

The best source is Ebay. I saw a listing on Ebay.co.uk for duplicating film. I'm not sure if it will be of any use, but here is the link:

http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fujifil...1%7C240%3A1318

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    For anyone who owns a metal lathe, it wouldn't take much to make the spools. I was thinking more along the lines of buying 120 film and cutting it down to 127... Maybe one of these days
    I have done both. I have a fair amount of 160 portrait film in 46mm x 100 feet in the fridge, I also have cut 120 film down on my wood lathe and rewind that.

Too much trouble.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    70mm double perforated film split in halves could be interesting for people with a 35mm camera which has a sprocket wheel with only one sprocket rim (or one rim machined down...).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Signal boosting old threads... sorry guys but it's a rush situation ... FYI get 70mm film for one day only .... seriously .. today...!!

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...rder-70mm.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin