Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,155   Online: 852

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah I see you have the afd3 on your list. Well if you can afford that then go for it!

P.S. Then there are the hassies....
    Last edited by keithwms; 11-24-2008 at 09:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    AFD III still expensive today, so i will wait for next cpl years. how about the auto focus on AFD II !

regards,
    randy_94

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    'Tsokay. I mean, AF on these cameras is not exactly going to thrill you, if you are used to a recent 35mm slr.

Shooter
    35mm
    which is good and easy to use for 6x7 format ! Pentax 67II or mamiya 7II

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The m7ii rules, if a med. format RF is suited to your task(s). It is also extremely easy to use.

The pentax is also a fine piece with some versatility advantage vs. the mamiya. But overall the mamiya is hands-down one of the finest cameras on the market... in any format. I am serious. The only drawbacks of the mamiya rf systems, as far as I am concerned, are the lack of a fast lens and the inability to focus closer than a meter or so without a contraption. This and the generally edgy bokeh make the 6/6mf/7/7ii much less suitable than an rb or rz... or perhaps the pentax... for general portraiture. Too bad there is no creamy 80/2.8 for the 7ii. The 7ii lenses are brutally sharp at all apertures.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks for your info....

you have beautiful pics on your website...

regards,
    randy_94

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Randy,
    I love my RB67. It's probably not what you are looking for in terms of size (it's NOT small), and even though it's 100% manual (steep learning curve), it can be had for very cheap, and the Mamiya glass is outstanding. It is such a joy to use, and it forces me to "think" about my exposures.

~Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_94 View Post
    thanks for your info....

you have beautiful pics on your website...

regards,
    randy_94

<blush> Thanks. I will take this opportunity to credit Mamiya-san, Nikon-san, and Fuji-san. Thanks to them, all I do is push a button and somehow I get nice results from time to time.

About the rb system, it is The Bomb. I have a pro sd and an rz pro2. The rz lenses can be de-pinned to go on the rb. Why? Well, the rb system has numerous advantages. Foremost it is 100% mechanical, and extremely robust (= you won't need to pack an unjamming tool in your velvet box). The rb takes the 6x8 back and a number of other extremely low cost lenses and peripherals. If there is an rz lens you covet (e.g. the 50 uld; the 110/2.8) then just get 'em and de-pin em and slap 'em on the rb. You can also use the rz t&s adapter on the rb this way (I do).

If you do go rb, my advice is to bypass the earlier versions and go for the newest pro sd that you can get your mits on. Why? Well, why not, it's going for a song. And the pro sd has the widest lens compatibility.

As far as I know, all the rb lenses can be used on the rz system.

So... buy a handful of rbs

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Rollie 6008 has a very good AF system and now you cane move up to digital if that is something you need for work some day.

mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How can folks give advice if the OP hasn't even stated what he wants to shoot and how large he intends to print?

I personally prefer leaf shutter lenses because they flash sync at all speeds. Absolutely wonderful when you need fill flash outdoors. As for format - you'll find that 645 is a huge improvement over 35mm - the film area is about 2.7x larger. I've made excellent 11x14 B&W prints from 645, and very good 16x20 prints. I have no clue if any of this matters to the OP.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin