Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,385   Posts: 1,683,196   Online: 903

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Zoom Lenses for Pentax 645

Fellow APUG'ers:

What recommendations might you (one or more) have for a source of used zoom lenses for a Pentax 645. I usually go to the KEH site but notice that its selection is a bit limited. I am looking for something in the 50mm - 105mm range

Many thanks.

Bennett Brown
    Last edited by Bennett Brown; 11-17-2008 at 05:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: poor editing

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the 45 - 85 zoom, its a very nice lens indeed. Beautifully made and optically a great performer. I chose this as I like wide to standard lenses. I'd like to get my hands on the 33-55 as I would like to be able to wider than 45 mm every now and then. There's a 55-110 lens that I consider a bit of a nothing focal length on 645, not wide enough nor long enough, but it must be a reasonable lens as my local pro dealer has one for hire and it always seems to be out. So that's all the possible choices I'm aware of.

The image below was taken with the 45-85, it is my most used lens on the 645.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So besides KEH and eBay, there aren't (m)any options?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Even bricks and mortar stores are using eBay and you get the double protection if you use PayPal. Adorama had a bunch of P645 gear in their rental department that they've been liquidating, via eBay. (I bought a SMC-A 35mm f/3.5 from them at auction for cheap-- really a nice piece with immaculate glass and near mint barrel). Shutterblade always has a bunch of P645 stuff and it's warranted for 30 days-- but prices tend to close a little higher due to this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    From my searches over the past couple of years, KEH and Ebay have had the most consistent availability so far. Some of the smaller brick and mortar shops will get "a" lens in once in a while, but zooms are rare (Washington, DC area - not a hotbed for this sort of equipment). I would also look at photo.net classifieds. I have seen some zooms there - even purchased a 45-85 from there. I do regret selling my 45-85 and am now looking for another one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I forgot to mention that BH PhotoVideo and Adorama do have zooms, but their prices seem to be too high.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks Paul. I'll check your suggestion out locally. You're right - not much choice. Does the model come with the lens?

Bennett

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Yurihuta. Paul also referred to the 45-85mm which I'll start looking for in town if not on-line.

Bennett

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're right: the protection is important. Thanks for the comments and the suggestions.

Bennett

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett Brown View Post
    Many thanks Paul. I'll check your suggestion out locally. You're right - not much choice. Does the model come with the lens?

Bennett
    NO! You have to find your own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin