Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,029   Online: 746

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    35mm film becomes medium format as soon as you load it into that fantastic camera.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanV View Post
    Hi Razzledog,
    with a short focal length lens the depth of focus is very short. How did you set it to achieve the required focal point? I am currently modifying a Nikon F to take a 15mm leica screw lens and the lens to focal plane distance is very critical (plus or minus .1mm) I find that quite tricky.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Norman
    Hi Norman. I use a fantastic downloadable program called 'DOF Master' as well as a ground glass screen and loupe. The rest is testing the theory by shooting some film and checking the actual sharpness on a lightbox Actually by using a shorter focal length lens the DOF becomes greater.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cost of a baby

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    How much did it end up costing you?
    I bought the Meopta film holder for $25....I bought the lens some time back for $80....the finder cost me $20 and the shutter, materials and outside expenses add up to no more than fifty bucks. I spent a couple of days in the machine shop screwing it all together

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by razzledog View Post
    The scans I have included are just from the two test rolls so far and prove that I should spend less time making cameras and get out more.
    That looks really good. Love the camera store, how fitting!

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks...The store is where I spend much of my life!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently finished a 'pet project' and built a cute 35mm panorama camera that shoots two full frames with a 40mm lens. This little camera has a wider view than I first thought it would and as it uses a medium format lens, does it qualify as an MF camera? Frame size is 24x72, wider than an X Pan.
    Fantastic, I love seeing projects like this.

For nomenclature I would follow the this line of thinking:

1) The Minolta 16QT is a QUARTER FRAME camera (image size roughly 1/4th that of standard 35mm frame
    2) Olympus PenF is a HALF FRAME frame camera
    3) I would call yours a DOUBLE FRAME camera

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought the Meopta film holder for $25....I bought the lens some time back for $80....the finder cost me $20 and the shutter, materials and outside expenses add up to no more than fifty bucks. I spent a couple of days in the machine shop screwing it all together
    If you were to make these...I would surely get one for Chrismuka!

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Razzledog, yes depth of field is greater with short focal length lenses but the depth of focus (lens to film) is much more critical. Using a 15mm lens the difference between infinity focus and 1metre is a fraction of a millimetre. Norman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Probably a little more than fiddling......after manufacturing cameras in Australia for nigh on ten years, I guess I'd have to own up to doing this kinda stuff before....
    No intention to downgrade the significant expertise behind this.....I have been eyeing and thinking about your constructions with lust, but scant funds. Very interesting to know a 40mm PE will cover 72mm and screw into a copal: will store away in memory banks (dont ask me for what though)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Dammit Razzledog - now you've got me designing in my head. You've ruined my sleep for the next week. I might actually build something. My wife will be furious!! You see, I've got another 2D in the garage ...

BTW, that's a really cool idea you had and the workmanship appears to be excellent. Keep it up.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin