Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,038   Posts: 1,560,686   Online: 1004

Shooter
    4x5 Format

RB67 Power back on non RB67 Camera?

Can you use the Mamiya RB67 power wind 120 rollfilm back on another brand of camera and in some way still get a power wind?
    Example: On the many cameras that use the Grafloc slider system like a Graflex XL or Baby Speed Graphic, if you put a Mamiya Power Wind 120 film roll back on one of those cameras, can you still get a power wind by pushing a button or something on the back or does it just become a knob wind at that point?
    thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The RB back will advance when you push a button. You can't easily rig it to advance automatically, though.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am also interested in knowing if others have used the RB67 power back on other cameras. I believe there is a dark slide interlock of these backs. Anyone knows how to disable the interlock?

Jason.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The interlock is easy. It's just a little thing that you push in; you can disable it completely without much fuss.

I used to use two motorized backs on a horseman vh. No problems.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So, do you just push the little yellow button to advance via the motor to the next frame and does it stop in the correct place for the next frame?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't see yellow buttons on my powered 6x7 and 6x8 backs. There is a little lever just above the film ID slot- you tweak that and the film advances.

The red/orange button on the top of the holder is marked "start" and it is what you push after loading the film and advancing it to the start line.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the help!
    I had not understood what function the red/orange button played. I think I get it now.
    thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin