Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,270   Online: 939

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    slight problem with my rollei as it appears it's in worse shape than previously thought. I ran a roll of film through it and I believe maybe 1 frame was in the correct place which would require a new film transport system? Also, there's spot of what appears to be fungus between two of the lens elements, will have to check that out some more.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

I wouldn't worry too much about the film transport problems. Irregular spacing and skipping doesn't necessarily indicate a need for expensive replacement parts. According to what I've read from various experts a CLA should fix it up. But don't use the camera any more 'til it's fixed - the residue of old, dried lubes might cause something to be stressed.

The lens can probably be disassembled and the existing growth disinfected. As long as you protect the lens from flare inducing light you'll probably never notice any problems from a spot.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lex is correct, a small bit of fungus can usually be removed without problem. It might even be something less serious.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that's great, I'll set it aside while I drum up the money to have it CLA'd. I figure after the Christmas bank account drain is over I should be able to get it done right quick.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin