Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,112   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    noumin

Rollei 6001, blurred pictures

Hi everyone

I recently took the plunge into the Rollei 600x system and got a 6001, a 50mm
    Distagon EL and a 120 film back.
    After shooting and developing a testfilm, I discovered that all the pictures were blurred. I used a tripod, focussed carefully, mirror up, cablerelease - I'm puzzled. Same procedure with another tripod - same result. I noticed however, that the frames on both films are not evenly spaced, the filmback seems to cause problems, but as for the blurred pictures ?
    Is there something to watch out for ? Any hints and help are indeed very welcome .

Joerg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blurred or out of focus?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have the 6008i and I suspect the film didn't mount flat.
    Maybe you placed the film carrier "reversed". The direction of the arrow of the carrier should be pointing towards the back and not the camera. Mounting the film should be exactly as pictured on the side of the carrier. From the spool it should climb to that black square and down again going to the other spool to make it flat.

Hope this fix the problem, if it is the problem.

-Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't own this camera, but could it possibly be that the focusing screen is not seated correctly?

noumin
    Thanks for your input so far

-Blurred or out of focus? There is nothing in focus, the pictures look as if they were taken with a pinhole camera.
    -I inserted the film carrier according to the manual, should be ok then. It doesn't fall easy into place though,
    I always have to shuttle it a bit back and forth until it slips in, is that common?
    -The focussing screen seems to be seated properly.

Joerg

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noumin View Post
    Thanks for your input so far

-I inserted the film carrier according to the manual, should be ok then. It doesn't fall easy into place though,
    I always have to shuttle it a bit back and forth until it slips in, is that common?

Joerg
    We're using the same back as for my 6008i.

It should fall in easy with round corner coming first. The loaded film on the camera top. The receiving spool on the camera bottom. The film will "rise" from the spool bottom to that flat square with rollers and down again to the receiving spool bottom. Then, after you turn On. The camera will automatically put tension to the film after you pull the bar down all the way to the bottom of the frame counter and text (made in Germany).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Did you buy the camera new or used? Some earlier backs will be out of focus if used on a 6001 or 6008.

If you bought it used the camera back could also have a plate in place for a 4.5 X 6 film back... ?

I use a 6001 no problems here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I bought my 6003 (new) a few years ago, my first roll produced out-of-focus negatives. I did a focus test and found that the camera was focusing a little behind the film plane. I called Rollei USA and explained the problem; they didn't believe me, but told me to send the camera in, along with my test roll showing the out-of-focus plane.
    A few days later I received a phone called offering profuse apologies. Apparently the film gate (which is removeable) had been machined to the wrong thickness, and they waiting for new ones to arrive from Germany to replace it. When they returned the camera, I did another test, and it was perfect. It has worked fine ever since.
    Don't know if this is your problem too, but I would do a focus test roll and contact Rollei. At least you're in the same country.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noumin View Post
    I noticed however, that the frames on both films are not evenly spaced, the filmback seems to cause problems, but as for the blurred pictures ?
    I have a 6008 & it also does uneven frame spacing but no focus problems. I've had it for 10 years. The spacing doesn't bother me as long as I get my 12 frames to a roll. It does sound like you camera has a problem & needs to be looked at by a technician.

noumin
    My latest discovery after having a closer look a the negatives :
    The edge of the pictures are not sharp, looks as if the film would only partially lie on the back plate or not at all.

But another question regarding the film backs : Is it actually possible to open the darkslide when a film is in the back and the back is off the camera ? Because that's what I could do, very strange.

Anyway, I will send everything to a repairer and see what he finds out.
    Once again thank you all for your help, I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin