Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,272   Online: 832

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Arsat 30mm Fisheye / Mamiya 645

I am interested in getting this lens from a seller on Ebay, but the one listed is for the Mamiya 645 645AF/AFD/Z. Will this lens work on the older model Mamiya? I know I will have to manually adjust apertures, but my concern is if the aperture will automatically go to its smallest setting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It will be completely manual. If you rotate the aperature dial, the diaphram will move, there is no auto setting, at least not on the one that I have. I looked at the lens you saw to see if it had the metering notch, but it didn't. Also the aperature ring rotates in the opposite direction. They are decent lenses, but not exceptional. Mine has a lot of Chromatic Aberation around the edges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a shot in the gallery done with an Arsat 30mm and an AFD. It's great fun to play with. They don't have an auto setting, probably because of the adaptor the lens is mounted to. Looks like on it's native camera body it has auto aperture because theres a push pin type linkage inside.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...=39425&limit=3
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Even back to the Zodiak version it has the pin to make auto work, but on mine the adapter doesn't allow it. Mine was made for a Pentacon 6. For a while these lenses were being converted to Mamiya 645 mount, with the diaphram going in the right direction, the meter pin socket mounted, and the proper mount. But I haven't seen those in about 2 years.

I too some shots from the lighting grid in the TV studio at work, they look decent, but I need to scan them again now that I have a better scanner. Wish I could afford the Mamiya 24mm so that everything was working together the way it should.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin