Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,419   Online: 1039

Shooter
    35mm

agfa ansco shure-shot ? apeture

ok heres a fun one i picked up an old agfa ansco box camera at an antique mall for like $5 and after a little cleaning and bending i got it all working again (not that it is in any way a difficult task, but still a victory for me) and in my excitment and haste i purchased a roll of delta 100 film and loaded it up only then to realize i had no idea what the shutter or apeture were if i had waited i could have measured the lens opening and distance and all that but its all moot at this point. after a lot of research i found the closest thing to the one i have (with the pull out tab for "filter" and a smaller lens opening) and found that the shutter speed is approx. 1/50 now i have also learned and correct me if i am wrong that most of thease were made to be used with a 50 iso/asa film or the early 20th century eqivalent and the manual i found closest to it instructs the user to photograph on sunny days before 2pm or 3pm so from that i have deduced that the apature should be some where around f16 useing the sunny 16 as a guide shutter 1/50+50iso/asa film=f16
    if anyone knows for sure that would be fantastic other wise i will continue with the above school of thought but my other question is what is the smaller apature size f32 f22 some magical made up opening that only allows for the photgraphing of fairies and sprites i just don't know.......DO YOU?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear Ford,
    The answer is 42 (VBG)
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's not fair! The answer is ALWAYS 42!

Shooter
    35mm
    excellent i was hoping some day someone would through a hich hikers guide referance at me

but i should also mention that although the camera has the same controls as the sure shot it has an all black front with agfa ansco stamped into it unlike the the others iv seen with the art deco motife
    (for the record my spelling is terrible and i cant get the spell check to work with the computer at work... no downloading of programs rule and all. but i make no appologies for it im a product of the american educational system)

ps. so long and thanks for all the fish
    Last edited by ford prefect; 11-23-2008 at 10:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ok i can spell stamped i just bumped another key while doing it

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin