Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,652   Posts: 1,623,585   Online: 773

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kiev-88/Arsat-Lenses on Mamiya 645AF

Hi,
    i just bought a Mamiya 645AF and wonder if its possible to use my old Kiev-88 lenses (screw mount) on this body ?
    I see that Arax has an Adapter for screw mounted Kiev-Lenses to "C"-bajonet and one for using "C"-lenses on the Mamiya 645...
    Does anyone here have any experience with that ? I dont want to spend almost $100 on adapters just to see it doesnt work...

But to have my 30mm Zodiak on the 645AF would be fun !

Cheers, Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gevorg Vartanyan (Arax) should be able to answer your question -

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kiev USA on their web site lists a Kiev 88 to Mamiya 645 adapter. Whether this will work on AF mount I know not.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for your replies
    I will ask Gevorg directly and post the result here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was interested in doing the same thing. I have found quite a price range difference through an auction site. They run anywhere from $17 to a maximum of $140. Quite a difference for the same product. Let me know what you find out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got Gevorgs confirmation that the combination of two adapters will work. I think I will order both from Arax (www.araxfoto.com) directly ($43 + $34 seems to be reasonable) and post my experience here

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once upon a time, they used to change the mount on those lenses so that you didn't need an adapter, but I haven't seen these is several years. They also reversed the diaphram and put the metering pin holder on the ring so that it worked just like a Mamiya manual focus lens. Wish I had bought one of those when they were still around.

I have one of the Zodiak 30mm and it is OK, a little too much CA on the edges near wide open, but not too bad considering the price.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin