Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,254   Online: 925

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

Thanks Q.C., was beginning to think I was going crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    It definitely is fact.
    Not myth. Nor lies, outrageous or other.
    Thanks Q.C., was beginning to think I was going crazy....

I know I read it somewhere... where is the printed source, is it in Wildi or Freytag, searched the book(s) could not find it...

Other posters have a point about dust and dirt, but if it is stored safely that should not be a problem...

now where oh where did I see it????

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    It definitely is fact.
    Not myth. Nor lies, outrageous or other.

The foam will not take kindly to being compressed all the time. It will deteriorate anyway, but the compression helps.
    Very interesting!

Just to be a little off-topic: is the same true for all the MF SLRs (Mamiya, Bronica, Rollei, etc.)?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ira,

I don't know if (and if so, where) it is in a book.
    That is: it probably is - almost everything you can imagine can be found in a book somewhere - but i don't know if it is in one of the well known books on Hasselblad.

Dust and dirt is not a problem.
    If you store the back on camera, the camera will protect against dust as well as the slide.
    If not on camera, the magazine will of course be empty. Pop the insert out large brush, a quick blow, and it's clean. Very easy, and quick.

I do not know the details of how all other cameras seal their dark slide slots and backs (and mirror boxes and ...). But this thing about foam is, of course, true for all things that use (similar) foam.
    Last edited by Q.G.; 11-27-2008 at 04:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin