Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,240   Online: 1005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad repairs not working?

I just spend $600 at a shop to get my Hasselblad body (which broke) with 2 A12 backs which were overlapping frames. I get it back and the body is buttery smooth and doesn't even make noise. The first roll of film I put through it flawless. The next one overlaps 3 frames -same problems as before. I also have an A16 back which has not had overlapping issues, but is now starting. It's getting really frustrating. I had to trespass for a lot of these shots in a spot I'm not willing to again. Is this a back issue, a body issue, a repair issue? Any insight as to why this is occurring?

Thanks in advance....Jordan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you have a second body to try the backs on ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, no. Is that an offer?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does McBains still have a rental department? You might try there if you cannot find someone with a Hasselblad. I might be closer than David but still 5 1/2 hours away.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am going to send over my 905 SWC so you can make sure your backs are working properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well....I'm not sure even borrowing a camera would work as this happened once every 4 rolls or so, but I really appreciate the offer(s). I just thought it would be over and done with when it was getting repaired. Maybe it's the way I'm cranking it? Sometimes I take photos in places I shouldn't be or are really sketchy so I'm not paying attention to my motions. When I take the film out and go through multiple cycles it feels how it should and doesn't skip any numbers or "jump" at all. Maybe I'm loading the film poorly (too much slack, too tight?). I'm kinda lost. I'm only 25 and haven't had the vast experience with troubleshooting some people have, hence why I'm always on here throwing out my problems.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recon that you should have some kind of guarantee. Contact the shop to let them finish the work they have charged you for. A proper CLA should give you a camera/magazine which spaces the exposures with millimeter precision.

//Björn

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Send it back to repair place - they still have work to do.

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've contacted them and they said to send it back. I'm not sure if I should be sending the whole system back or just the back that is skipping frames. I can just imagine that the second I send in the one back, the other one will start overlapping again too. Should I be sending both in and keeping the body?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you are getting the same kind of error on more than one back, there's a big risk that the body is what's causing it. I would send in everything, as the shop did repair/CLA'd both the camera body and the film backs. Yes, it will stop you from shooting, but I recon that they will attend to your camera the day it arrives and hopefully send it back the very same afternoon. (Am I very optimistic here? )

//Björn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin