Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,843   Online: 992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin
    Might be the back. I have a similar problem with Neopan 400 in my Fuji RF where it mis-loads and loose winds only that film, any other film is OK
    Strange but true.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay. So I went ahead and tried again with my last roll of velvia 100, and I had a different phenomenon. This time, I wound through about 5 frames on the film before frame 1 was indicated. So, after processing it I had 6 blank frames and only 3.5 exposed frames! Frustrating!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It probably is a fan of Kodak film in preference to Fuji .

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to pick up some other types of film to try. I will test to see if perhaps my back is intolerant of reversal films vs. negative. Who knows?

~Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why don't you sacrifice a roll of film and put it through the holder without putting the holder in the back so you can watch what happens? I do this with my RB backs when I buy a secondhand one to check it all works.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    Why don't you sacrifice a roll of film and put it through the holder without putting the holder in the back so you can watch what happens? I do this with my RB backs when I buy a secondhand one to check it all works.
    How will that tell me why the exposure counter does not advance? The film is advancing just fine, but somehow the exposure counter is not indicating the correct frame in the roll of film.

~Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Using Velvia 50 with my RB67 ProS resulted in losing a frame and a half at the beginning. I made sure the start mark was aligned properly, DS removed for shooting, shutter fired etc.

I took the advice in this very thread and wasted a roll to understand what was happening. Each time the counter showed frame one, the film was actually at the end of the second frame. I contemplated ordering a new back. Re-reading the thread I considered Mark Anthony's post regarding the Velvia 50's emulsion thinness. I decided to have another try with T-Max 100 and the ProS back off.

The back worked as expected. The tension in the film advance lever was noticeably increased. Frame one lined up with the counter reading of one. I re-spooled and tried again, no problems. I also tried with E100VS and had no problems.

Is there a trick to loading the Velvia 50 emulsion that is possibly overlooked.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't think this has anything to do with Velvia.
    It appears to me that your back needs a CLA and esp. the A(djustment) part of it.
    Your problems with Velvia is just an indication that your back needs one.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Peter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin