Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,178   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I prefer a flash with an auto feature and a focal length zoom is nice. Either the Nikon series or Canon series among probably others allows you to dial down or increase the amount of flash you want thru buttons with an LCD output display. I had a Nikon SB24 that I liked and the SB26's are nice as well and either goes pretty reasonable in price. I would advise tho that if you have a handheld meter to test any flash for true output. My old Vivitar 283 was a stop under at the setting I wanted and at a measured distance. If you need a bracket for the Hassy here's my shameless plug:
    http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?...eid=304017&ck=
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a auto sunpak potato masher style with the auto sensor on the flash shoe of the 45 degree prism viewfinder. 4 D size batteries or mains connector.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Grab waynes bracket, they're not rare but aren't real common. The Vivitar 285 has both auto exposure and a zoom capability. Depending on whether or not you've got extra lenses you may not need it. The 283 is a little more compact with the same GN, they both run 4-AA batteries. But if you intend to use it a lot you can get a Quantum battery setup that uses a belt pack.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were many brackets designed to put the flash over the camera. Nice thing is that if your shooting square format, you don't need one that rotates. I used one with a 283/285 and it worked very well. Just make sure that if the shoe is metal, you cover it to insulate the hot shoe on the flash. Only drawback is that I never liked the PC cords for the Vivitars - seemed somewhat unreliable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    There were many brackets designed to put the flash over the camera. Nice thing is that if your shooting square format, you don't need one that rotates. I used one with a 283/285 and it worked very well. Just make sure that if the shoe is metal, you cover it to insulate the hot shoe on the flash. Only drawback is that I never liked the PC cords for the Vivitars - seemed somewhat unreliable.
    Paramount makes a cord for the 283/285, but I do agree the connection leaves something to be desired.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin