Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,960   Online: 954

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica D Bay1 or Bay2

I have a yashica D. I recently got a lens hood for it. It was lsited as a Bay1. it seems to be a tad too small. I can not get it on enough to make the twist lock turn. Is a Bay2 smaller than a 1.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bay 2 is larger, bay 1 is the proper size
    Check the channels in the attaching part of the hood, there could be some dirt/grime there preventing smooth operation.
    You may need to free up the little ball bearings that help it lock

Scott

Shooter
    35mm
    :rolleyes:Cleaned it good. Got it on but now it will not come off. Just doesn't get any better than this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tlr120 View Post
    :rolleyes:Cleaned it good. Got it on but now it will not come off. Just doesn't get any better than this.
    You have to turn it backwards to get it off. If it can go on, it should come off.

Shooter
    35mm
    You would think so. You can turn it backwards and line up the 3 way notches but it's not budging.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To continue the question, isn't Bay 2 the size that fits on the outside ring. I have Yashica-Mat LM and a 124, both take filters on the inside listed as Bay 1, the hoods I have fit on an outside ring so you can use hood and filter at the same time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bayonet 1 is the same for both except that the filters are male and the hood female. It should release with a little gentle jiggling.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have the Yashica hood or a Rollei Bay I hood? My Yashica hood is just a little larger and looser fitting.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have the Rollei Bay 1 hood.

Shooter
    35mm
    I finally got it off. It appears that the brass pressure ring keeps sticking not allowing to press down to release. This one may not ever go back on again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin