Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,220   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello all,

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Had a chance to go back to that dealer, asked to see that back again, here is a shot made with my camera phone, pretended I had an incoming call!

Crappy pix, I know, I know, but I don't own a digital camera, never will, and it would arouse suspicion on the part of that dealer if I took a picture of the back! This is to show that as odd as it sounds about this black plastic key, this one does exist!

Also, lacking a "invisible scale",using my own judgement it appeared as heavy as my older A24 back, so maybe it wasn't an all plastic back. Sure as hell looked that way.

So again thanks to all, but again if anyone has one like this, please post, let me know!

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PlasticKey.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had bought two, some years back, made (or at least named) by Hartblei. Even they had the metal and chromed release and also has the built-in slide holder a few years before it showed up on the real Hassy stuff. Wouldn't work with my ELM I had at the time - only the 500 CM. The little pin in the EL wouldn't stick out far enough to disengage the back's lock (as it's supposed to do upon firing).

Other than that, good backs.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A black key like that is not odd. I keep telling you!
    Standard issue for some time now. Even on chrome trim magazines.
    And as far as i know, it's not plastic.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Boy do I feel a little stupid... But I figured it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    A black key like that is not odd. I keep telling you!
    Standard issue for some time now. Even on chrome trim magazines.
    And as far as i know, it's not plastic.
    Boy do I feel a little stupid... But I figured it out!

Q.G. once again thank you for the information you provide, you continue to be the voice of reason! I really appreciate that very much.

Thanks also to all who responded.

OK....It seems that the E mags designed for the 203 and 205 series cameras look, and feel exactly like this one, except of course for the contacts on the back, the film speed dial and the contrast dial. The one I am thinking of getting is not an E , but I guess Hassy as been stream lining costs since EU, I mean 1997 , as we all should be doing.
    Makes sense to make E mags and A mags with the same material and look and feel to cut costs.

Guess I can call off the Knock Off Police

Once again, thanks to all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin