Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,069   Online: 753

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 camera that handles like a 35mm

I have a wonderful Yashica Mat 124G that gets seldom use.I find the twin lens format a bit awkward for my style of photography.
    Can someone recommend a single lens (God,not a Holga)medium format camera that would be cost effective (real inexpensive) and have pretty good optics.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mamiya 645 1000S, very low cost second hand, reliable rou=bust and fast to use, lenses are excellent.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax 645 is basically a 35mm camera that uses 120 film. Even has a motor built in.

But if it's just the TLR part you don't like plenty of other SLR choices.

Shooter
    35mm
    How about the Pentax 67? It even LOOKS like nothing more than an overgrown 35mm SLR.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    I second the Pentax 645(N).
    They are more inexpensive than the Mamiyas but do not have a changeable back (i.e. like 35mm...).
    The filter diameters are smaller (the 45mm has a 67mm diameter) and the data imprinting of the 645N and NII are very helpful.

I just went through the same situation wanting a 645 which behaves vitually like my Canons. I ended up with the 645N and a bunch of lenses for the 645 (non-AF).
    Second choice would have been a M645 Pro with motor and AE finder.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bronica ETRS with the hand grip and prism.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several med format cameras, tlrs, folders, century graphic, and a Pentacon Six. Of all of them, the Pentacon Six is the most like a 35mm slr. It is significantly smaller, lighter and quieter than a Pentax 6X7, and the wonderful Zeiss lenses are relatively cheap on the used market. 13 perfectly spaced shots on 120, and 27 on 220. The Pentacon Six is a little quirky, but once you learn about those quirks (film loading and film advance), the camera is dependable and easy to use.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using a prism finder on a TLR makes it much more 35mm like. Ever since I got one for my C220 (now replaced by a C330) the camera is a real pleasure to use. I'm not sure if there is one made for the Yashica, but if there is it would be a rather inexpensive way to solve your problem.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Medallion.

Or any folder:
    See www.certo6.com for ideas.
    Sanders McNew
    My Flickr stream

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bronica SQ-series with the winder-grip and prism. It doesn't look like a 35mm SLR in the way that a Pentax 67 does, but it feels more like a 35mm SLR than a Pentax 67.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin